Can you do this on HTC Sense/ Will you be able to do this on the TB?

SpikeJones

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I was scrolling through the platform highlights on android.com, and came across a video of android 2.0 highlights.

Here is the location of this video

Android 2.0 Platform Highlights | Android Developers

I watched the video, and at about 0:40, there was a description of "Quick Contact", and how you can touch a contact's picture frame, and a ribbon will drop down, containing all the ways to contact the person.

You can also place a widget (or is it a shortcut...) of your contact's picture frame on your homescreen, a 1x1 tile. With this too, you can click on the frame, and a ribbon will drop down, containing ways to contact your contact. :)p) ( I know this because my friend's droid 1 does this)

As stated above, my friends Droid 1 can do this, and my friend's samsung intercept does it too.
My Cliq doesn't do this, so I can't say it's a motorola feature (also because samsung isn't moto)

But, in the video, the contact page looks a bunch different than the contact page of HTC sense phones. It looks like the contact page you would see on Motorola phones.

Is this feature only on some platforms, like moto[blur], and vanilla android?
The Cliq has motoblur on it, but it doesn't have this option either.

I am almost sure that the TB won't have this, but it would be nice to know.

Also, if the TB can not do this, is there any way to download a file that will make it? (Without rooting?)

I love android, and I have gone through 3 phones, (g1, mytouch, cliq, soon TB), but I have never rooted my phone, nor do I ever plan to.

Any help is much appreciated, and I thank you in advance. :)

RestlessDroid

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Launcher Pro plus has a people scrollable widget that will let you do that. I'm pretty sure Sense will do it too but I don't have first hand experience.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
This is a stock vanilla android feature. The original droid has this because it was running a vanilla version of android. Motoblur has their own design for the contacts page and so does htc. In my opinion, stock is the way to go.

Reactions: SUB-dawg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome