No HTC Thunderbolt this Week as Verizon Prepares for the iPad 2 Launch?

Mapex

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
Yes, the iPad 2 is not competing with the T-Bolt. However, VZW loses if they have to split their marketing two ways for the week. Chances are we'll be waiting until Wed/Thu next week earliest for a T-Bolt release after VZW spends all this week and weekend and early next week talking about the iPad 2.

Besides, the T-Bolt is not just A smart phone. It is THE FIRST VZW 4G phone specifically. They will want to market it heavily just the same as they did for the DROID, iPhone, XOOM. I wouldn't be surprised if the device was delayed until the 24th just to allow them to crank out enough hype after the release of the iPad 2.

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
the climatic expectation of the TB release has subsided, way to go VZW. they may not announce it, but they should know insiders will leak info. of expected release date; however, their continue push back of the phone is going to hurt their button line. too bad for HTC, they could've capitalize on the excitements toward the end of Feb.

rigorx

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
the climatic expectation of the TB release has subsided, way to go VZW. they may not announce it, but they should know insiders will leak info. of expected release date; however, their continue push back of the phone is going to hurt their button line. too bad for HTC, they could've capitalize on the excitements toward the end of Feb.

You do realize that even counting every unique visitor to these forums (which is a little over 100K), still makes up less than %1 of VZW's customers ? They've got around 93 million last I read. To the other 99% that haven't even heard about the phone, or maybe saw a teaser commercial and aren't involved in all the daily drama & rumours, the TBolt will be an enormous success, despite what you say or think.

Reactions: dajogejr

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Bull****.

This might be true if this was another honeycomb tablet, since Verizon would have to provide all of the marketing support. The iPad 2 will be supported by Apple, and has the name recognition to not require any big investment from Verizon. People will buy it regardless of what else is launching that day.

Sorry guys. While some of you seem to be intent on blaming Steve Jobs for continued Bolt delays, its complete nonsense.

Reactions: deltwalrus

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
By the way CTIA if the phone does launch next week we will see it in April. CTIA event launches 22 and ends on 24th. I doubt they will release the phone then majority of industry will looking towards CTIA and what's next. Right before the event their will be bunch leaked devices which take quite bit momentum from TBOLT. The TBOLT will be released next week before the buzz of CTIA hits or will launch right after CTIA. Remember the TBOLT is running closer and closer into the Revolution, Bionic and Samsung Stealth summer release buzz. Thunderbolt needs to come out more then soon but now!

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Bull****.

This might be true if this was another honeycomb tablet, since Verizon would have to provide all of the marketing support. The iPad 2 will be supported by Apple, and has the name recognition to not require any big investment from Verizon. People will buy it regardless of what else is launching that day.

Sorry guys. While some of you seem to be intent on blaming Steve Jobs for continued Bolt delays, its complete nonsense.

The iPad will drive a lot of operational cost, with foot traffic into their stores and calls into their call center. As for marketing, they will want people to buy the Verizon version over say... the ATT version.

I don't think Apple told VZW to not launch anything. I think VZW just made a decision that they wanted to be focused on this.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance