quick queston(s) about my bestbuy pre order

umbasa

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
so i pre ordered the thunderbolt (t-BOLT!) way back in early feb. my question is that i will be traveling a lot in the next few weeks (job interviews, visits, etc) and i was wondering if anybody knew if i could pick one up from any bestbuy or does it have to be the one i reserved it from? would it be possible for me to transfer it to another store? how long will they hold it before selling it to somebody else if they will even hold it?

thanks in advance everybody.

SamOliver

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
They probably only reserve it for you at the store you bought it from, but you can still use the gift card at another store to pick it up. Word on the street is that they should have plenty in stock, so hopefully you won't have a problem getting one.

KingChicago

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Im guessing you wont be able to transfer it, but like Sam said, the gift card can be used at other stores. HOWEVER, based on what the BBM facebook guy was saying, you'll have to pay $50 more if you dont have a preorder ($249 v $299). So you might just want to wait it out, or talk to a BBM manager at the store that you bought it from, and see if they can work out a deal.

MikeMikeMike

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Im guessing you wont be able to transfer it, but like Sam said, the gift card can be used at other stores. HOWEVER, based on what the BBM facebook guy was saying, you'll have to pay $50 more if you dont have a preorder ($249 v $299). So you might just want to wait it out, or talk to a BBM manager at the store that you bought it from, and see if they can work out a deal.

That's because the pre-order is for $50 bucks, thereby bringing the cost of the device down to $249 assuming you use the gift card to pay for it. Everyone pays the same $299 price.

KingChicago

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
That's because the pre-order is for $50 bucks, thereby bringing the cost of the device down to $249 assuming you use the gift card to pay for it. Everyone pays the same $299 price.

This is being discussed in the BBY Sticky, the BBM Facebook moderator confirmed that $249 is the cost for those who pre-ordered. Thus, with a $50 gift card, the price is $199.

wes008

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
KingChicago is right.

As for what you can do OP, ask the guys at the store you pre-ordered at if someone else an pick it up for you. If not, just ask for the giftcard. You'll have to pay $50 more in the end, but you'll have your T-Bolt!

derekgallina

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
A couple quick questions sort of going along with this thread if anyone can help me out...

When the T-Bolt gets released officially, do you think the Verizon Wireless corporate stores and Best Buy will release it the same day? What are your chances of getting one the day it comes out at a Verizon corporate store compared to pre-ordering it through Best Buy? Same?

Thanks everyone for the input! (I just want to make sure WHENEVER this thing comes out that I have my hands on one just as soon as everyone else) lol

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
We don't know. There's been no official announcement from VZW. We don't know the dates or where the phone will be sold when (BB, OL, VZW).

Any answer given would be speculation.

catalase

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Do what I did. Use the 50$ gift card that they gave you when you preordered at the first store, to preorder again at a different store. They'll take your gift card, render it as tender, and then give you another 50 dollar gift card. You can basically do this at as many Best Buys as you want. Just remember that you'll have to cancel (by phone) your preorders at the stores you don't actually end up buying the phone from.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
We don't know. There's been no official announcement from VZW. We don't know the dates or where the phone will be sold when (BB, OL, VZW).

Any answer given would be speculation.

What is NOT a speculation is that BBY has confirmed through their Facebook page that in the even to the phone coming out with $299.99 price tag on a 2-yr contract, those who preordered can still get it for $249.99 (that is $50 giftcard + remaining $199.99).

miss chris

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I am in a similar situation and the BB I preordered at said they would call the best buy near where I will be and see if they can help facilitate getting me the phone. I would check with the manager of your bb mobile dept to see if they will do the same.

umbasa

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
thanks everybody. i will give these ideas a shot. though if the switch from Q1 to end of Q2 rumors are true it may not even matter if i can transfer it to another store.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
so i pre ordered the thunderbolt (t-BOLT!) way back in early feb. my question is that i will be traveling a lot in the next few weeks (job interviews, visits, etc) and i was wondering if anybody knew if i could pick one up from any bestbuy or does it have to be the one i reserved it from? would it be possible for me to transfer it to another store? how long will they hold it before selling it to somebody else if they will even hold it?

thanks in advance everybody.

Its my understanding that even though you preorder from Best Buy it only guarantees you'll get one, not get it first day. So I don't see why you wouldn't be able to take it somewhere else.

But to answer your question, I don't know =p

Sent from my INCredible phone