GizmoFusion says its coming March 17th

Maksimus54

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand the people that still believe the un"official" release days. We've been burned how many times by "reliable" sources now? There is only one official reliable source. That is VZW. Until they announce something I have no reason to believe the TBolt will be released before the end of Q2 by their latest statements.

We will not see LTE until the TBolt, but honestly I'm starting to wonder how much the other phones will leapfrog it now that they've had an extra month or 2 from the original expected release. Allegedly the TBolt has been produced and shipped, that should give the other phones an enormous R&D advantage if they can avoid the same mistakes/integrate new tech.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand the people that still believe the un"official" release days. We've been burned how many times by "reliable" sources now? There is only one official reliable source. That is VZW. Until they announce something I have no reason to believe the TBolt will be released before the end of Q2 by their latest statements.

We will not see LTE until the TBolt, but honestly I'm starting to wonder how much the other phones will leapfrog it now that they've had an extra month or 2 from the original expected release. Allegedly the TBolt has been produced and shipped, that should give the other phones an enormous R&D advantage if they can avoid the same mistakes/integrate new tech.

I completely agree with you. We're already seeing signs of the samsung 4g phone aka "the stealth" show up. All the major android sites have pics of it in the wild. I just hope the Bolt comes out as VZW has promised in Q1

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah.. Sounds weird when its not from VZW but i do know they owner of gizmo and the source he refers to and they are both excellent and wouldn't post unless they truly believed it had a great chance of being true

There's got to be at least a dozen of these "reliable sources" on this board and so far none of them have been right.

garyart1

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand the people that still believe the un"official" release days. We've been burned how many times by "reliable" sources now? There is only one official reliable source. That is VZW. Until they announce something I have no reason to believe the TBolt will be released before the end of Q2 by their latest statements. .

I understand what you are saying and you do have your right to your opinion and skeptisism. The only thing I do not understand is the why some feel the need to comment on a thread such as this that "they will only believe it when they hear it from VZW". Threads such as this we all know is unofficial rumors. We use them to prop up our faith once in a while that some date might actually be a real one. Yes, we all have been fooled before (and probaly will be again) but it is all we have. For those that only interested in hearing this from VZW's mouth, why don't you wait until the "Offical VZW Relase" Thread opens up and we all will then be on the same plain of faith. Until then, I will hang on to Ben5n and BMX and posts like this to keep me believing.

Como4076

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I hope so because my Storm 1 just died locked up and I did the battery pull 4 times with in 20 mins . So with that I got pissed off pulled out my sim card and sd card and bundled it up into a nice package and ran it over with my fuel delivery truck " it weighs 33000 lbs fully loaded " Now that problem is gone and wont bother me any longer but I really hope the TB comes out soon :':)p

jdport

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Like most of you, I am no longer believing dates until I hear them from big red themselves...

Just in theory though *IF* this date were true, when could we expect to hear some announcment from Verizon?

Target#AC

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Verizon's knows that people want this device, I don't think they're intentionally trying to hide that. That's why the CTO has made comments and is at least being as honest as he can be. They don't know what the deal is with this phone, or they would have released it if they thought it was good. Like people point out, they test the hell out of these phones before the release, so we didn't get the phones and they don't work on 4G and people start freaking out again.

Just give them the time they need to be satisfied with the product, and then we will get our turn

Reactions: jonhcox

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Verizon's knows that people want this device, I don't think they're intentionally trying to hide that. That's why the CTO has made comments and is at least being as honest as he can be. They don't know what the deal is with this phone, or they would have released it if they thought it was good. Like people point out, they test the hell out of these phones before the release, so we didn't get the phones and they don't work on 4G and people start freaking out again.

Just give them the time they need to be satisfied with the product, and then we will get our turn

i think they are in scramble mode. trying to get this thing out. but dont wanna put a half a$$ phone out as first lte phone. but they should have thought about that when the signed deal for fruit an pulled half the team that was already working on these issues just to work on a already great running 3g network....

an in the process best buy is regretting this whole situation, i went to best buy last night an they have a slot for the dummy unit an sku sheet with $299 an someone hand wrote unknown release date at this time an slid it in there lol

Reactions: Como4076

Target#AC

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
True, but with this being their first LTE mobile phone, it's the only device that will be immediately affected by any problems using the 4G service.

It'd be like selling tickets to the Super Bowl, then when everyone shows up the janitors say, "Sorry, the stadium's not ready yet. Please wait outside during kickoff while the seat's are cleaned"

fatrob

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
True, but with this being their first LTE mobile phone, it's the only device that will be immediately affected by any problems using the 4G service.

It'd be like selling tickets to the Super Bowl, then when everyone shows up the janitors say, "Sorry, the stadium's not ready yet. Please wait outside during kickoff while the seat's are cleaned"

There is always risk with a new service like this. They can test all they want in Beta mode but we will not really know until this thing gets rolled out on a massive scale.....and from the looks of it, it will be pretty big.

Like BMX said....looks what happens when you use your whole team (to focus on beefing up 3g for iphlop) and neglect new technology. Sad:-\

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
There is always risk with a new service like this. They can test all they want in Beta mode but we will not really know until this thing gets rolled out on a massive scale.....and from the looks of it, it will be pretty big.

Like BMX said....looks what happens when you use your whole team (to focus on beefing up 3g for iphlop) and neglect new technology. Sad:-\

Especially when there are already rumors that there is an outside chance at the iPhone 5 going LTE. Sure there are more 3G phones coming out for Verizon, but outside of the Merge, they all seem to be refreshes. All of the truly new phones that are coming out this year are LTE.

Also, given the fact that the iPhone can't do simultaneous voice and data over CDMA, I honestly don't think Verizon needed to beef up their 3G network for it. That is probably part of the issue with AT&T, so many people are trying to do voice and data at the same time simply because they can.

Last edited:

fatrob

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Especially when there are already rumors that there is an outside chance at the iPhone 5 going LTE. Sure there are more 3G phones coming out for Verizon, but outside of the Merge, they all seem to be refreshes. All of the truly new phones that are coming out this year are LTE.

Also, given the fact that the iPhone can't do simultaneous voice and data over CDMA, I honestly don't think Verizon needed to beef up their 3G network for it. That is probably part of the issue with AT&T, so many people are trying to do voice and data at the same time simply because the can.

Lets give them a little credit though....there were NO issues with the onslaught of IPhlop to the network, granted sells were not where they thought they would be, but STILL....no issues. Cheers to that......but we who dont care, necessarily, about the old technology suffer thru this waiting game.

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Also, given the fact that the iPhone can't do simultaneous voice and data over CDMA, I honestly don't think Verizon needed to beef up their 3G network for it. That is probably part of the issue with AT&T, so many people are trying to do voice and data at the same time simply because they can.

Okay, if the iPhone 5 was going to be LTE, Verizon would be ALL OVER THAT. Their LTE network would be ROCK SOLID. Apple is a fast follower on the hardware/network. They are about the experience of their phones, not what has the latest and greatest hardware.

They're going to wait for AT&T to get LTE and for Verizon to figure out it's mess before it launches an LTE phone.

Could be wrong... but if Apple was going to launch an LTE device in June and they were watching this mess at Verizon, they'll be scrapping that most quickly.

Also, they would be throwing every dollar and resource they had at beefing up LTE to make it bullet proof if Apple was pumping out an LTE device in 3 months. This would not appear to be the case.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
conspiracy theory.......maybe apple told verizon to delay all LTE devices so they dont have that much of a head start on them :)

ballsoftaint

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I know my sources are good. Thats why unlike some sites *cough* ac droid-life, we only posted the date that was correct. You guys need to span out to other sites more often ;) I'm the editor in chief over there. Thanks TMZ_Andrew :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888