Take A Second

Geeksy

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Take a second and remember that amidst this speculation and bickering over a phone, that Japan was just hit with a massive earthquake. It really puts things into perspective when we go from laughing about release dates to a huge earthquake rocking Japan and threatening almost 20 countries with tidal wave destruction. At my latest update, 30 people were confirmed killed. Millions are without power, the cell phone towers are down, fires are rampant, and billions and billions of dollars in damage are stacking up as tidal destruction flows through the countryside like lava.

I'm sure I'm not the only one with friends or family in Japan. Just keep in those people in your thoughts.

EDIT: Sorry to the mods that this isn't strictly Thunderbolt news, I just feel like it's important enough to warrant a thread for this community.

BoSu

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't put anything into perspective. Terrible things happen to people every day everywhere in the world. Can't let these things take away from talking about what you want to talk about.

Reactions: deltwalrus

Geeksy

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't put anything into perspective. Terrible things happen to people every day everywhere in the world. Can't let these things take away from talking about what you want to talk about.

I would ask only a second of your time to think about our brothers and sisters in Japan. If that's too much, okay.

Spartan616

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
I've been following up on this too, as much as we are frantic on the phone's release, the situation in Japan and other surrounding countries at risk of a tsunami are more important. Please pray for the safety of our family (literally or figuratively) in Japan.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
It's not just Japan. Tsunami is about to hit Hawaii 3am local time and US west coast around 8 am PT.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
+1

Makes the wait for a phone pretty trivial.

I still want the phone so bad but the catastrophe in Japan has now distracted me. They just found like 300 bodies on the Japanese shores. It is so painful to hear of such a high loss of human lives.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
My father and step-mother live in Hawaii now and last I knew my father was back in Ohio for a job he had to do at Port Columbus, but my step-mother is a real estate agent with Sotheby's in Honolulu, so I think she's still there.

ddsdavid

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
My father and step-mother live in Hawaii now and last I knew my father was back in Ohio for a job he had to do at Port Columbus, but my step-mother is a real estate agent with Sotheby's in Honolulu, so I think she's still there.

On a lighter note, I always chuckle when I hear Port Columbus. Quite a name for an inland airport in the midwest:D.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I rember somthing years ago..... when japan slaughtered the service men and woman of pearl harbor....... I doubt they felt bad for us.... back to thunderbolt news please...

That was wartime. Japan attacked Pearl Harbor. US replied four years later with Hiroshima and Nagasaki. But all that is behind us. Any loss of human lives in a natural disaster of this magnitude is sad - regardless of nationality, religious faith, creed or skin color.

And we are still talking about Thunderbolt. Like I said earlier, yes I still want Thunderbolt so badly. I want to get my Thunderbolt yesterday. But hearing of this devastation makes my heart break. That's just me - doesn't mean everyone has to feel the same way. My two cents. But getting a vibes of "they are japs we don't care" .. I could not stop myself for expressing myself more.

O.G Incredible

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
That was wartime. Japan attacked Pearl Harbor. US replied four years later with Hiroshima and Nagasaki. But all that is behind us. Any loss of human lives in a natural disaster of this magnitude is sad - regardless of nationality, religious faith, creed or skin color.

And we are still talking about Thunderbolt. Like I said earlier, yes I still want Thunderbolt so badly. I want to get my Thunderbolt yesterday. But hearing of this devastation makes my heart break. That's just me - doesn't mean everyone has to feel the same way. My two cents. But getting a vibes of "they are japs we don't care" .. I could not stop myself for expressing myself more.

+1 Amen to that one brother! Im on the West Coast " I'm out by the Pacific to be specific" and when i woke up this morning at 5:00 am we woke up with a tsunami advisory and looking at those images on TV... man i have to tell u, i would not have liked for myself or anybody here to be in their shoes. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: prakash99

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams