Wirefly "Premium Device Protection"

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
furthermore--

could you buy the phone from Wirefly, and add VZW insurance to it when it arrives in the mail?

O/P, if you've ordered & used Wirefly before, do you know?

Good question but you can always call verizon. You usually can always add something to your contract with in 14 days of activation of your contract. I going call later today and ask because the $200 price is tempting on wirefly. That $50 dollars can go to a new case and extended battery.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I've read up a bit more... it seems that it doesn't cover water damage or theft. Aren't those both covered in the Verizon Insurance?

from vzw site:

Does Verizon Wireless offer Total Equipment Coverage against lost/stolen/damaged and defective equipment?
Yes, Total Equipment Coverage combines the benefits of Asurion’s Wireless Phone Protection with the Verizon Wireless Extended Warranty program. If your device or covered accessories are lost, stolen, accidentally damaged, or malfunctioning due to a manufacturing defect after the manufacturer’s warranty expires, you are covered. Verizon Wireless customers can only enroll in Total Equipment Coverage within 30 days of new account activation with a new equipment purchase."

--still looking for water damage

--from what i'm seeing, Water damage is Not covered, though could be factually proven wrong--

at that point, i'd take it to a local independently owned phone repair center (they're actually common)--just don't attempt to turn on the phone before taking it there. see if they can repair it--if they can't, file the LostPhone claim with Asurion. i've been told by Asurion reps via the phone, simply file a 'lost phone' claim, and pay the $99 deductible. the water-damaged phone ESN is blacklisted (can't be used on VZW ever again), and you're sent a new/refurb phone for the price of the $99 deductible.

Last edited:

wirefly_kim

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
furthermore--

could you buy the phone from Wirefly, and add VZW insurance to it when it arrives in the mail?

O/P, if you've ordered & used Wirefly before, do you know?

You can buy a phone from us and you have 30 days to add VZW's Asurion Insurance or you can add our device protection. It is entirely up to you. Let me know if there is anything else that I can answer for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.