Thunderbolt Thursday Waiting Room HERE!

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Verizon Wireless and HTC today announced that the ThunderBolt by HTC, will be available this Thursday March 17th.

This following posts will be updated frequently today with ordering Q&A, technical guides, other links of interest, and other news. Keep an eye on it, and please speak out here while you wait. Redundant threads will be merged with this one.

Index:
This post: Index & Announcement
Post #2: Retailer ordering info, policies and pricing info

Highlights from the press release:

• Available on March 17 online and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores.
  • $249.99 with a new two-year customer agreemenr
  • Customers will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan and a 4G LTE data package.
  • Nationwide Talk plans begin at $39.99 monthly access.
  • Unlimited 4G LTE data plan start is $29.99 monthly access.
  • Mobile Hotspot will be included through May 15 for no additional charge.
  • After May 15, customers may choose to activate Mobile Hotspot for $20 for 2 GB of data per month

Documentation/Other FAQ's

User Manual
The most detailed list of specs I've seen yet.
LTE coverage map

Features:
  • Powered by Android™ 2.2,
  • 4G LTE – customers can expect download speeds of 5 to 12 Mbps and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps
  • 4.3” WVGA display
  • 8-megapixel rear facing camera and HD (720p) video recording
  • 1.3-megapixel front facing camera with video chatting capabilities
  • 1GHz Snapdragon processor
  • Mobile Hotspot capability – share 4G connection with up to eight Wi-Fi-enabled devices
  • 8 GB of onboard memory and a pre-installed 32 GB microSD card (Actual formatted capacity will be less)
  • Built-in kickstand for easy media viewing
  • With the ThunderBolt by HTC, customers will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan and a 4G LTE data package. Nationwide Talk plans begin at $39.99 monthly access and an unlimited 4G LTE data plan start is $29.99 monthly access. Mobile Hotspot allows users to connect up to eight Wi-Fi-enabled devices to the nation’s fastest wireless network via an application available on the ThunderBolt by HTC.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Thunderbolt Announced: FAQ's/Q&A/Discussion Here. (Keep an eye on post 1 for updates)

Verizon Wireless Order Info/Policies:

• Full Price: $649.99 + Sales Tax.
  • With few exceptions they are not booking reservations.
  • Free shipping: Free Overnight Shipping - enter promo code FREEOVERNT at checkout - must order by 4:30PM.
  • Saturday Delivery: If you order on Friday - and want Saturday deliver - you must call CS. They typically charge $20 for this.
  • Signature will be required upon delivery.
  • When it will be available for purchase online: Historically phones are available on Wednesday night around 9PM PST & 12AM EST.
  • Pre orders available? No.
  • New customers wishing to cancel service: You can try out our service for 14 days, and pay no early termination fee if you return your device.
  • Device returns: You may return or exchange wireless devices and accessories purchased from Verizon Wireless within 14 days of purchase. A restocking fee of $35 applies to any return or exchange of a wireless device (excluding Hawaii)
  • Rebates, BOGO, and 1-year contract pricing: We will not have this information before Thursday.
  • Assuming there is a rebate: you can submit one here. Rebates will be mailed within 2 weeks after receipt of claim, but may take up to 6 weeks. Your rebate will come in the forum of a Visa gift card.
  • Accessories page.

Wirefly Ordering Info/Policies:

• Order here.
  • $199 with contract upgrade/new line of service.
  • $649 off contract.
  • Free 2 day shipping, 19.99 for next day. No State Sales Tax
  • New contract/line of service: You have 14 days to exchange or return it for a 100% refund of your purchase price.
  • No contract/full price: You cannot break the seal on the box! and it must be returned within 14 days!! I actually canceled my order because of this policy.
  • Required to return everything within 30 days of your activation or process date.
Return fees are $50 each for the following items
  • Damaged Wireless Device Box
  • Missing / Incorrect / Damaged SIM Card
  • Missing / Damaged Battery
  • Missing /Damaged Charger or Power Cord $50
  • Missing / Damaged Manual

Wirefly Device Protection Service:

• 6.99 per month with 0 deductible
  • Covers the TB, original electronic accessories, and batteries provided within the box.
  • Each protected device is covered up to the replacement value for accidental damage, theft, or malfunction.
  • If a covered item is not available for replacement, you will be offered a model of similar value.
  • The following are not covered by Device Protection Service:
    [*] Negligent or unsecured loss or unexplained disappearance such as leaving your device unattended or unsecured.
    [*] Your SIM card and any additional optional accessories that you buy.
    [*] The loss, real or perceived of data, time, financial opportunity, or any other consequence arising from the loss of the use of the wireless device.
    [*] Normal wear and tear of the device.
    [*] Dishonest or malicious acts by member.
    [*] Cosmetic or non-functional damage such as marring, scratching, chipping.
    [*] Liquid damage or loss in a body of water.
    [*] Pervasive corrosion.
    [*] Theft from any premises or vehicle when not reasonably secured (ex vehicle windows and doors must be closed and locked).​
  • All RFS' are processed within 24 hours of receipt (during regular business hours). Replacements are usually completed within 2-3 business days with repairs slightly longer. No loaner or replacement equipment is provided during this period.

Best Buy Ordering Info/Policies:
  • Keep an eye on this page for ordering, pricing and special offers.
  • Return period: 30 days; 45 days for all products for Reward Zone Premier Silver members*
  • Shipping: varies by location and delivery speed. In store pickup is also available.
  • New contract/line of service: You have 14 days to exchange or return it for a 100% refund of your purchase price.
  • No contract/full price: No official announcement. Probably better than Verizon (including instant rebate vs. gift card) for new contracts. Probably more expensive than Verizon if off contract.

RichardClark

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Verizon tweet - announcement is coming

Verizon Wireless just tweeted:

VerizonWireless Verizon Wireless
Let's announce the new addition to the VZW device line up and make some news this morning!

Reactions: mitpianoman

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
about friggin' time :)

watch it be about an LTE i*hone...now THAT would create a giant face-palm slap of Androids heard round the world.

hopefully they'll mention the price, too

Wirefly has it listed @ $199 (though full retail is also shown at $649, differing from BB--but BB could just be doing their usual markup with $749)

Last edited:

Geeksy

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Official! Confirmed! It's all over! March 17th!

Twitter

"Here we go! The #ThunderBolt by #HTC arrives at your nearby Verizon Wireless store on Thurs., for $249.99. Full news this morning."

Rest, well, soldiers. Rest well.

Reactions: Shygar
Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Twitter

"Here we go! The #ThunderBolt by #HTC arrives at your nearby Verizon Wireless store on Thurs., for $249.99. Full news this morning."

Rest, well, soldiers. Rest well.

Yay! Can't wait for the press release. I hope I can preorder online today or tomorrow. I have to work on Thursday and i'm afraid they will sell out.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Geeksy

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

VZW said:
With the ThunderBolt by HTC, customers will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan and a 4G LTE data package. Nationwide Talk plans begin at $39.99 monthly access and an*unlimited 4G LTE data plan start is $29.99 monthly access. Mobile Hotspot allows users to connect up to eight Wi-Fi-enabled devices to the nation?s fastest wireless network via an application available on the ThunderBolt by HTC.

Mobile Hotspot will be included through May 15 for no additional charge. After May 15, customers may choose to activate Mobile Hotspot for $20 for 2 GB of data per month. Customers can track their data usage by downloading the My Verizon app available in Android Market or by logging on to their My Verizon accounts online at https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...w.verizon.com/b2c/myverizonlp/&token=P27TNLVM. *

Can I get a Hell Yeah? I need a Hell Yeah. Somebody give me a Hell Yeah!

Reactions: Slapnpop826