wirefly vs VZW

djcyph

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
can someone please explain advantages/disadvantages of getting through wirefly?

will you be loosing anything by saving 50 bucks from WF vs getting it straight from VZW?

is it really just 50 extra to get it thursday?

......o yea i just remembered...i wasnt allowed to pre-order or order at BB because i am on business account...is this same policy for WF?

thanks guys

robdec17

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
its more then a $50 difference. Dont forget Verizon will tax you on the full retail price . So thats another $50 at least. So Wirefly is about $100 cheaper.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
its more then a $50 difference. Dont forget Verizon will tax you on the full retail price . So thats another $50 at least. So Wirefly is about $100 cheaper.

dang. you're right.
in NC--tax= 8.25%
so on the $649.99 pricemark, tax=$53.62

so that's already a $103.62 savings.
just sucks if the delivery takes too long. Standard delivery? where do the phones actually ship from?

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Thunderbolt doesn't seem to be up on Amazon yet, but when it is if you have Prime it'll be 2-day shipping for free.

wes008

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
If you print out Wirefly's add and take it to BB, will they do their price match or no?

Nope. Plus, I think Wirefly will bump it back up to $250 on the 17th (ie 200 is for pre-orders only). The shipping is free Fed-Ex 2day, but there is an overnighter option for a little more money.

ShawnMeds23

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Whats better the Verizon Assurion Insurance or the Wirefly insurance? Do we know where the phones are shipping from? Debating weather I need faster shipping.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
No. its an online ad. They aren't gong to match that.

anybody wanna go halfsies on opening up a brick/mortar store for Wirefly? hm?

and in regards to Amazon--i know, with my luck, the minute after i order mine from Wirefly--Amazon's gonna have some stupid insane $1 deal (for like, a minute) and i'm going to punch myself in the gut.

robdec17

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
anybody wanna go halfsies on opening up a brick/mortar store for Wirefly? hm?

and in regards to Amazon--i know, with my luck, the minute after i order mine from Wirefly--Amazon's gonna have some stupid insane $1 deal (for like, a minute) and i'm going to punch myself in the gut.

LOL.. that would be my luck also :)

wirefly_kim

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Whats better the Verizon Assurion Insurance or the Wirefly insurance? Do we know where the phones are shipping from? Debating weather I need faster shipping.

We ship from our distribution center in Largo, Maryland. Let me know if there is anything else that I can do to help. :)

wirefly_kim

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site

As for the Insurance, VZW's will usually require a deductible for the claim. The Device Protection that we offer does not require a deductible, and it will make sure you get a brand new phone when you file a claim. It is $50 for one year.