FutureTBoltOwner

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
1. The hotspot feature, it says its free before May 15, now is it still free after May 15 for those that got it before than, or will everyone have to than pay the $20 for 2GB after May 15?

2. How much stress relief do you think the battery will receive after turning off the 4G radio and only using it when needed?

3. How many here live in a 4G area (like me) and will be turning off the 4G radio to help the battery and only use it when need be?

4. Will Verizon be doing online sales starting tomorrow so we can get it on Thursday with overnight shipping, or will they wait until Thursday to start online sales?

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
1. The hotspot feature, it says its free before May 15, now is it still free after May 15 for those that got it before than, or will everyone have to than pay the $20 for 2GB after May 15?

2. How much stress relief do you think the battery will receive after turning off the 4G radio and only using it when needed?

3. How many here live in a 4G area (like me) and will be turning off the 4G radio to help the battery and only use it when need be?

4. Will Verizon be doing online sales starting tomorrow so we can get it on Thursday with overnight shipping, or will they wait until Thursday to start online sales?

1. Free until May 15, after that you start paying for it.

2. A lot.

3. Who knows? I don't live in an LTE are, I want it mainly for the larger screen and faster processor.

4. No, online sales start on Thursday morning.

R

Kazer

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
1 - Everyone has to pay for hotspot after May 15th.

2 - Eh, it really depends on usage. Without LTE on I'm hoping to get a day worth of on and off use.

3 - Not in an LTE area (BOO).

4 - And based on what VZW said on twitter, there will be no presales of any sort, so as of right now I'm assuming it'll be available on their site on Thursday morning.

upz3

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
1. The hotspot feature, it says its free before May 15, now is it still free after May 15 for those that got it before than, or will everyone have to than pay the $20 for 2GB after May 15? If you get hotspot now, they will not charge you until after May 15th

2. How much stress relief do you think the battery will receive after turning off the 4G radio and only using it when needed?A lot :cool:

3. How many here live in a 4G area (like me) and will be turning off the 4G radio to help the battery and only use it when need be?I will be turning it off when I don't plan on it, or at least have a settings manager shut it off when I'm at work

4. Will Verizon be doing online sales starting tomorrow so we can get it on Thursday with overnight shipping, or will they wait until Thursday to start online sales?No preorders

FutureTBoltOwner

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to those that responded, sucks they wont at least sell tomorrow online so you get it thursday, oh well I guess one extra day wont kill, after all waited like 5 months for this thing

Also sucks to have to pay for hotspot, oh well i guess 2 months free is better than nothing considering vzw hardly ever uses the word free, but free hotspot included for your contract would've been a really nice gift for the early adopters and to help make up for the BB fiasco and what not of those of us who suffered because of it.

ewvarn

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have a follow up question about the hotspot...

Will that functionality be locked down somehow if you don't pay? I ask because I know that it's intended for laptops, but could I use it with an iTouch/iPad and not have to pay since they don't consume data much differently than the Bolt itself?

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I have a follow up question about the hotspot...

Will that functionality be locked down somehow if you don't pay? I ask because I know that it's intended for laptops, but could I use it with an iTouch/iPad and not have to pay since they don't consume data much differently than the Bolt itself?

No. They do not discriminate or make exceptions for different devices.

ewvarn

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks deceiver! But how do they know if I'm using an iTouch or a laptop? Isn't it all based on data usage, essentially? Or is there something else that flags them to let them know it's being used at all, regardless of the amount of data?

djcyph

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
does anyone know if they auto-enroll u after the 15th? id like to try it out but i know im not gonna want it after the 15th