transfer of contacts and pics from old phone to TB?

obidos

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
hi everyone.

does anyone know if there is a way to transfer my contacts and pics on my current Samsung SCH-u740 to the TB?

this is my first smartphone so I'm not sure how that works. I know that in the VZW stores they have a device that can transfer the contacts but we will be going to BestBuy. Does BB provide that service?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
If you have the Verizon Backup Assistant the store will transfer your contacts OR you can do it yourself. Back them up to the Verizon backup on your old phone, then download them to your new phone. Easy peezy! You can sign up for it on the Verizon site (within your account as I recall) if you don't already have it.

I don't know what kind of backup/sync Android has so I can't help you w/that unless you just copy them from your computer hard drive to the SIM card on the phone but it may not be that simple. I won't own my first Android until tomorrow morn. I know this works on my Blackberry and Blackberry has what's called the Blackberry Desktop for syncing.

Reactions: ZuneNinja

jas o

May 10, 2010
Visit site
If you have the Verizon Backup Assistant the store will transfer your contacts OR you can do it yourself. Back them up to the Verizon backup on your old phone, then download them to your new phone. Easy peezy! You can sign up for it on the Verizon site (within your account as I recall) if you don't already have it.

I don't know what kind of backup/sync Android has so I can't help you w/that unless you just copy them from your computer hard drive to the SIM card on the phone but it may not be that simple. I won't own my first Android until tomorrow morn. I know this works on my Blackberry and Blackberry has what's called the Blackberry Desktop for syncing.

Just make sure you do VZW back up before you deactive your current phone. Once you transfer service to TB you won't be able to do it anymore.

toothdoc4

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
If not backup assistant, I think that you may even be able to transfer them using bluetooth. I know that my daughter did this when she got her last new phone.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
For contacts you can setup a google account now and type the contacts in manually. This way you when get the phone, at the initial setup process, you can sync your google account and contacts.

Sent from my INCredible phone

Reactions: obidos

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
For contacts you can setup a google account now and type the contacts in manually. This way you when get the phone, at the initial setup process, you can sync your google account and contacts.

I've never used Google for contacts. Is there no way to import them? It would take me days upon days to manually add them.

akira751

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I've never used Google for contacts. Is there no way to import them? It would take me days upon days to manually add them.

I used Google sync on my Storm and worked great. All of my contacts and calendars are ready to go. Just in time My Storm just crashed.

akira751

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I use Google to Sync Contacts, Calendars AND Photos. I could lose my phone tomorrow and not worry about losing anything.

I just did. lol Sunday night my Storm had a OS failure, I had to reload the OS and wipe out everything. But I will have my Bolt in 1 day and I used Google sync the night before so I'm good.:D

obidos

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
thanks for the replies everyone. I just did the backup assistant on my sammy for the VZW site. I never new about that.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante