AmazonWireless offering the Thunderbolt for $179.99

Joe603

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to let everyone know that AmazonWireless is offering the Thunderbolt for $179.99. I just placed an order with them.

Amazon.com: HTC ThunderBolt 4G Android Phone (Verizon Wireless): Cell Phones & Accessories

They have the same $250 early termination penalty as Wirefly, but the restrictions appear to be more lenient (e.g. no issue with changing service): "If you do not activate or extend a line of service in connection with this device, or if your service is canceled/disconnected before 181 consecutive days, AmazonWireless.com will charge you $250 per device, plus applicable taxes."

Other points I noticed:
- 30 day return policy (including return shipping). Still have to cancel service with VZW however.
- Only take Visa/MC/Amex (no Amazon GC or Discover)
- Not sure where they charge sales tax (I am in a tax free state)
- Free 2 day shipping
- LTE SIM Card was listed as one of the items in the order, but was listed as a separate shipped item.

Edited to update Sales Tax info:

All items sold on the Amazon Wireless website are sold by Amazon.com, LLC. Orders shipped to destinations in the states of Kansas, Kentucky, New York, North Dakota, or Washington are subject to tax.

Last edited:

dt

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
hmmm... i was about to walk into store tmw morning to make the purchase too... 180... damn... 70 dollars is quite some savings... lol

koalabear

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I wanted to let everyone know that AmazonWireless is offering the Thunderbolt for $179.99. I just placed an order with them.

Amazon.com: HTC ThunderBolt 4G Android Phone (Verizon Wireless): Cell Phones & Accessories

They have the same $250 early termination penalty as Wirefly, but the restrictions appear to be more lenient (e.g. no issue with changing service): "If you do not activate or extend a line of service in connection with this device, or if your service is canceled/disconnected before 181 consecutive days, AmazonWireless.com will charge you $250 per device, plus applicable taxes."

Other points I noticed:
- 30 day return policy (including return shipping). Still have to cancel service with VZW however.
- Only take Visa/MC/Amex (no Amazon GC or Discover)
- Not sure where they charge sales tax (I am in a tax free state)
- Free 2 day shipping
- LTE SIM Card was listed as one of the items in the order, but was listed as a separate shipped item.
You my friend are awesome - saved me $100 over buying at the VZW store with no tax. I can wait til Monday to get it for $100 less - give me money for accessories and STILL have some beer money! Thanks again!

rjnst7

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I am available for my early upgrade through verizon but amazon only recognizes my actual upgrade date of 06/30. Another line on my family plan is due for upgrade 03/29. Does anyone know if amazon will let me use the upgrade from that line like verizon does? I know that wirefly will not let me do this but I am not sure about amazon.

launchpad

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I really like Amazon and this is a great deal. I didn't notice any hidden details like Wirefly like, you are forced into an extra 6 months of service. It looks pretty straight forward.

dt

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
you just cant cancel the service within the first 6 months... what sucks, special case for me, is they require a drivers license and number... i lost my wallet a couple months back and am unable to replace my license since its a CA license and im currently living in NY, so have to return to CA to do the processing... so no amazon deal for me =(

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
dang it!

i just made an appt for tomorrow & was happy...until i saw this...then i was elated! began the ordering process and was about to cancel the appointment--until i noticed AmazonWireless doesn't offer 'add a line' options for service....

why, Thunderbolt gods, why?!

great job spotting it.

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
So if you are in a situation that you are looking at paying full retail, wouldn't it be better to buy from this and just cancel? $179.99+$250=$429.99. Am I missing some fine print in this? That seems like a good deal.

SPD

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Dang I think I'm going to have to save myself 90 bucks and order from amazon now. Whats an extra couple days right?

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
So if you are in a situation that you are looking at paying full retail, wouldn't it be better to buy from this and just cancel? $179.99+$250=$429.99. Am I missing some fine print in this? That seems like a good deal.

Then add the ETF from verizon $350

CBMC

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Is taxing on this the same as other amazon purchases? In other words, are the same states taxed exempt through amazon wireless as through the normal amazon site?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

mlee21

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
If I already get unlimited Txting under my family plan.. do I just select the No texting option??

If that takes away my unlimited texting somehow, I can just call VZW and get it changed no problem.. right?

And also for AmazonWireless.. you only get charged a fee if u cancel the service right?? not if u change plans under the same carrier or anything?

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I feel totally blindsided by amazon specially the fact that AC did not post this themselves sooner. Oh well I will look out for the them next time because wirefly already has my money. Unfortunately I always thought wirefly got the better deals over everyone strange Amazon is never been name I associate getting great deals on phone only Wirefly.