AmazonWireless offering the Thunderbolt for $179.99

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
anyone know if ordering through amazon would screw up an current promos on your account? specifically talk and text plus data??

BoNg420

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I just got in on the special promo a few months ago
They sent out text and emails to certain people but others were able to get in on the deal too if they got the right CSR

450 minutes
unlimited text + data
5 friends n family

$69.99/mth

If I sign up at amazon will this mess up my promo pricing? I get a % off from my work too. My bill now with the $6 insurance or $7 whatever it is and after taxes is $70, my discount only gets me $11 off my bill.

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
holy crap! I placed one order at 11:12PM --> estimated delivery March 21.

I placed another for second line at 11:18PM --> estimated delivery March 30!

Of course, my line is the one I ordered second. Now I have to find out if it matters which line I activate which phone on.

Joe603

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I am so happy. I saw this when I checked my order this morning:

Items shipped on Mar 16, 2011
Delivery Estimate: Mar 18, 2011 1 package via UPS

tarheelDan

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I am so happy. I saw this when I checked my order this morning:

Items shipped on Mar 16, 2011
Delivery Estimate: Mar 18, 2011 1 package via UPS

Lucky dog! I ordered at 10PM last night, and no shipping confirmation yet...just "Shipping Soon" Not a big fan of that word these days :p

gamingmonkey

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Lucky dog! I ordered at 10PM last night, and no shipping confirmation yet...just "Shipping Soon" Not a big fan of that word these days :p

lol I would take "soon" over "not yet shipped". And I ordered it way before the backorder. Oh well it says the 21st so I wont panic until it gets closer to then.

tarheelDan

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
lol I would take "soon" over "not yet shipped". And I ordered it way before the backorder. Oh well it says the 21st so I wont panic until it gets closer to then.

Don't worry - I called a CSR there and he said their system shows much more detailed info on the process. Apparently mine was loaded on a truck by that point, still on target for 3/21.

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm still "not yet shipped", with an estimate of March 18-21. Oh well, this order was for my wife's line, she doesn't mind waiting til Monday.

I must say I'm pretty impressed with Amazon Wireless customer service. I had to call them twice today and both times I got a rep right away, both were very easy to understand, and both times they resolved my issue quickly and beyond my expectations.

launchpad

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I ordered on the 16th and will get it on the 18th, WOOT! I don't have to wait till Monday! And all the accessories I ordered will be delivered at the same time.

cjpottercj

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Just got my TB from Amazon Wireless today! BUT, there are ACTIVATION issues because Verizon wasn't set up to handle SIM cards. I spoke to a helpful (and apologetic) rep on the phone, and Amazon Wireless needs to get their own Technical support to contact Verizon Wireless to electronically send them the SIM numbers. AND THIS MIGHT TAKE AT LEAST 24 HRS!!!

launchpad

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Just got my TB from Amazon Wireless today! BUT, there are ACTIVATION issues because Verizon wasn't set up to handle SIM cards. I spoke to a helpful (and apologetic) rep on the phone, and Amazon Wireless needs to get their own Technical support to contact Verizon Wireless to electronically send them the SIM numbers. AND THIS MIGHT TAKE AT LEAST 24 HRS!!!

WHAAAAAAAAT?! I am going to go pick up my phone at UPS since I missed the delivery. You saying that the phone doesn't work yet? Lovely..... Did the Amazon CSR say anything about going to a Verizon store tomorrow to see if they can do anything?

cjpottercj

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
WHAAAAAAAAT?! I am going to go pick up my phone at UPS since I missed the delivery. You saying that the phone doesn't work yet? Lovely..... Did the Amazon CSR say anything about going to a Verizon store tomorrow to see if they can do anything?

The phone turns on, but has limit functionality. The Amazon CSR said that going to a Verizon store would not help since Amazon Wireless needs to send Verizon Wireless the SIM card number "electronically" so that the paperwork is filed correctly. But maybe as more people call Amazon Wireless to activate their TBs, they will make this a top priority?