Required to pick Insurance OR Extended Warranty?

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I am checking out and I have to pick between Wireless Phone Protection or Extended Warranty but I cannot select BOTH...... Totel Equipment Protection (which I currently have) includes both.

What gives?

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Actually with TEP I pay 7.99/month.... If you add Extended Warranty $1.99 and WPP $5.18 = $7.17...... but it wont let me add both. Just one.

2plustwins

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
vzw.com order (u must pick one) ins. or extended warranty?

I've been with vzw since 1996 and have never purchased insurance on a phone. And I've never been faced with needing.
I feel like it's been a savings for me.

Now, I'm trying to purchase Tbolt online and under extended protection it says must choose one.
Insurance $5.18
Ext. Prot. $1.99

What's the difference? And why is it no longer optional?

Thanks.

2plustwins

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
same here. pretty crappy. I assume you can call and cancel it though.

I wondered about cancelling it. My first inclination was to go with the cheapest since it's making me choose one, but then I thought "maybe" I should just get the ins.
As long as I can call later or cancel altogether. It doesn't even have a link to click to read about ins or ext coverage. BUGS me!!

Reactions: SPD

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
the insurance only covers up to $400 an you pay a $45 if used lol.

iv never had insurance on a phone. the only major phone iv had is iphone 3g, an apple didnt allow insurance.

i was thinking of getting insurance but if it only covers $400 then it wouldng get my tbolt back would it?

RichardClark

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I just checked. It's now changed from when I looked an hour ago. You can now DECLINE insurance, but you still cannot select both insurance options. Also, the price is showing as $249.99.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae