Thunderbolt Battery Complaints + Tips/Tricks

NormanGC

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
OMG!!!!

3.5 hours, 6.5 hours maybe 8 hours if you turn off features!!! Are you KIDDING me!

Technology is USELESS without power!!!!!

What is the point of getting a gorgeous high resolution screen if you have to turn it down to 25% to conserve energy?

It's like buying a High definition TV to play movies with an old VCR.

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
OMG!!!!

3.5 hours, 6.5 hours maybe 8 hours if you turn off features!!! Are you KIDDING me!

What is the point of getting a gorgeous high resolution screen if you have to turn it down to 25% to conserve energy?

Have you built a better battery yet ;)

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
OMG!!!!

calm down

Reactions: Chrisy

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Why yes, as a matter of fact I do, but thanks for the laugh you angry little man. You (or maybe it was someone else) said to pull the sim card out to conserve battery and quit searching for 4G. Why in the hell would anyone want to do that? That's what prompted my comment. If you don't like my comment, quit putting out stupid information. If you didn't make the original comment, quit trying to butt into other posts and learn how to read. They have these tapes that will help you with the reading part.

Here is the post I replied to, from Moosc: He wrote "I think you all are having a placebo effect because of Sprint 4g and the evo. I don't see a reason for turning 4g of and if u do feel the need pull the sim card. and if your in a city with out 4g no need for having the sim card in place. going 4g is like going 1x to 3g and vise versus. u can't turn of 3g."

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Pull the sim card if I'm not in a 4G city? Why the hell would I do that? Not very good advice. While you can't turn off 3G, if you pull that sim card, you disable everything as it is for authentication. It's also how VZW will disable your phone in the future if they want to.

Helpful info with regards to the sim card:

Thunderbolt and ALL future 4G VZW devices require a UICC SIM card. - xda-developers

ntrimm

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Picked mine up at 9am central this morning. Its 701pm now. It wasn't charged very much when I picked it up. Plugged it into my car for approximately 45 minutes to an hour on my way to work. Talked on it, surfed on it, used it as a hotspot, sent messages, emails and took videos and pictures. I am using WIFI and bluetooth in my car. Still has plenty of battery left.

sunlifexxx

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
seems that HTC makes a good phone, good software, but seem to skimp on the batteries. I had to buy my wife an aftermarket one so she could get through the day. That seems to be how they save money, but seems to cost us more in the long run. Make sure you turn off all the extras like GPS, auto sync, blue tooth when not needed, make sure you use a program that has quick system links in it so you can turn on and off quickly

ThomasT626

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
It's been over 4 hours for me now from a full charge to 15% and streaming Pandora nearly the entire time while browsing the web during most of that time, playing a game or two and updating a few things. On par with my laptop, lol.

anon(75289)

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Dang, I don't know what you guys are doing. But I've had my screen on full brightness, used wifi hotspot. played some games, downloaded lots of stuff from the market etc for the last two hours and I only lost 20% of the battery. This is amazinggg!! My OG droid would suck up 50% battery in half that time.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Dang, I don't know what you guys are doing. But I've had my screen on full brightness, used wifi hotspot. played some games, downloaded lots of stuff from the market etc for the last two hours and I only lost 20% of the battery. This is amazinggg!! My OG droid would suck up 50% battery in half that time.

Can you list your setting like:

wifi
GPS
Screen timeout
Haptic feedback

The_Engine

Super Genius
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Some results may vary...

Also I would note also that android is programmed to learn you your usage patterns. That way it knows what you need running and can keep those processes live. This takes some time depending on your usage. But once it does it helps battery life because the cpu isn't opening apps constantly. This is why task killers can cause issues.

I did notice that the TB didn't have a task killer pre installed which may show that people are learning about that.

Reactions: FrankXS

dan1668#AC

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site

Non 4g area?

Mr_Jibmiester

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I picked my tb up from verizon today around 1:30. When I left I had the store it had a 30% charge. Instead of working as I should of been, I used the phone, heavily until about 5:30 when it finally died. That usage would have killed my old incredible with a full charge. So far, I am impressed. FYI I am in an area WITHOUT 4G