Thunderbolt Battery Complaints + Tips/Tricks

flashpiti

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Can we get a battery life sticky?

Seems like this will be a big concern for many users and prospective buyers. Maybe something to show what kind of battery life people are getting with what kind of usage.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Take the display out of Auto and set it for 25%. You'll easily get 6-hours out of it. That's what I did with the Evo and Desire

6 hours...god I hope not....

I've already plowed through whatever battery charge it had...less than half...maybe about 1/3. That's since 9:00 a.m.

kmully

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Really need to see some solid battery tests over the next few days before Verzion's alledged "promo pricing" goes up. I'm not buying a phone that won't last 4 hours on a charge. That's pathetic.

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Really need to see some solid battery tests over the next few days before Verzion's alledged "promo pricing" goes up. I'm not buying a phone that won't last 4 hours on a charge. That's pathetic.

You'd better start heading back to Verizon then. No phone with a 4.3" display (I've played with them ALL) lasts more than a few hours if you don't turn the screen down. I work for HP. We play with EVERYTHING that gets released. (and copy the good ideas :)) I don't know if Verizon promised you guys better battery life, but if they did, they lied. You need a bigger battery and a smaller processor if you want to keep the 4.3" screen. Also, some kind of rooted ROM works on a few of the phones.

jd10984

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
+1

Totally agree. This is a make or break it for me on this phone. I would imagine I'm not alone.

Ya, the battery life is my ONE AND ONLY big concern. I was going to go get it first thing when best buy opened but I read a few reports about how awful it is and back tracked :( I really want to get the phone but I am a fairly heavy texter, talker and data user.. I dont want to be charging my phone 3-4 times a day :(

JayAndROID86

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
The battery is gonna be horrible, HTC Sense and if you have LTE. Plus only 1400MaH so its a given. Either have to buy an extra battery or the 2750 battery.

I don't expect more than 8hrs out of this phone with moderate use which is sad.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
The problem is, most people are playing with they're phone for the first few days, so the battery life would be skewed anyway.

Give it a few days to settle down, then check about battery life.

Once the phone has gone through its paces you can report battery life in the impressions/reviews sticky.

JayAndROID86

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
The problem is, most people are playing with they're phone for the first few days, so the battery life would be skewed anyway.

Give it a few days to settle down, then check about battery life.

Exactly. Ofcourse battery life will be horrid when people test out 720P recording, video streaming, download apps, web browse. 4-5 days after release will be a better gauge of battery life.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok, everyone calm down.

It's the first day with your new phone, you're going to be playing with it all day (admit it, you can't put it down :) ). The battery life is going to be HORRIBLE at first. Don't freak out, give it a few days. If it's still 6 hours with moderate use, then yeah, freak out. Just let me get out of the way first :p

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
No phone with a 4.3" display (I've played with them ALL) lasts more than a few hours if you don't turn the screen down.

Not at all true. I have my X set to 80% brightness and the battery stays in performance mode. I use the device all day log and go to bed around mid night with 40% to 60% battery left.

However, as far as this TB thread goes...the phone is an HTC...what did everyone expect? I don't think a single htc device exist that runs more than 6 or 7 hours before it dies. You just need to keep a charger handy and plug it in whenever in the car.

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok, everyone calm down.

It's the first day with your new phone, you're going to be playing with it all day (admit it, you can't put it down :) ). The battery life is going to be HORRIBLE at first. Don't freak out, give it a few days. If it's still 6 hours with moderate use, then yeah, freak out. Just let me get out of the way first :p

No, it will be 6hrs of HEAVY use with the screen set to 25%. It will last ALL DAY with moderate use with the screen at 25%. You are right; for the first few days everyones battery is going to "suck" for lack of a better word.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers