sync problems and car dock..please help

djcyph

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
ok so they synced my contacts at the store and everything was coming up...facebook, google, and phone (from back up assistant i guess)...and i wanted to start fresh with just my google

so i deleted all my google contacts and updated them through my mac on gmail...i went to sync and i keep getting "sync is currently experiencing problems. it will be back shortly" is there something i need to do? one time it claims it went through but my contacts werent there...i restarted and i get the sync problems messages

car dock...when i initially put it in the car mount the dock menu popped right up...i put it in day mode just to see what it did and then got out...now when i put back in the dock nothing happens...is there something in settings i have to do, im still new to android

also, i might be wrong but wasnt the home screens supposed to rotate with new sense?

do u guys think i should do factory reset?

Guntherm

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
My understaing is this version of Sense does not rotate. The one thing that continues to bother me. but still the best overlay.

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
thanks...any thoughts on contacts or dock?

Go into Settings>Dock while the phone is in the Dock... I noticed on my Pre-Production phone that setting, but now that I have the Dock, I had to give the Phone back to my VZW rep so I couldn't test/play with the settings.

My phone will be here tomorrow!:cool:

stearic

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately for the OP, if you deleted the contacts from the phone, i'm afraid you also deleted them from your gmail account. While it isn't good, you can still recover them in gmail on a computer. First of all check gmail and see if your contacts are still in there. If they aren't, click on the button that says "more actions" and then select the "restore contacts" option. You can restore contacts up to 30 days ago that you may have deleted on accident. Hope this helps.

djcyph

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
no i didnt delete them from gmail...

i did factory reset and got them back....

im still having problems with the dock though....nothing happens when i put it in the car dock

any ideas? it worked once initially b4 the reset

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
yea when i put in dock and go there there is only one option...display mode (set to automatic) and its grayed out like its not in the dock

im thinking i have a defective dock

I would have to agree from the sounds of it. Maybe if you go to exchange it, they will let you test it out before you leave?

djcyph

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I would have to agree from the sounds of it. Maybe if you go to exchange it, they will let you test it out before you leave?

figured it out man!!!!....i know ur on droidforums so maybe u saw the thread...

Originally Posted by Dark Lazer
For me, car mode wouldnt come on the first 2 times I put it in the dock. Eventually after playing with it for 30 mins, I put it back into the dock (I actually had to jam it down and heard a click) and sure enough, car mode came on. I was kind of worried because I didn't liek the sound it made, but when I pulled it off after getting home, everything was fine. I havent tried it since.

But it does seem like a b**** getting it in there and having car mode come on.
dude thank u soooo much!!!!

i didnt want to force it either....pushed it and got that click like u said it works beautifully every time now

djcyph:

dude thank u soooo much!!!!

i didnt want to force it either....pushed it and got that click like u said it works beautifully every time now

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad