Swype and the thunderbolt

kr3w1

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Hello all. I installed swype on my new thunderbolt but when I am in the messing application, it uses the keyboard that is usually used for places where you type urls. Meaning, I have no emoticon button and it doesn't automatically insert spaces.

Yes I have the settings selected to insert spaces. And as a reference, in this application, it is inserting spaces just fine. But no emoticon button here either (i have enter key).
Can anyone help me?

Sent from my THUNDERBOLT using Tapatalk

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Same thing on mine. Installed no problem. Not getting the auto space and auto caps. I am sure it is something that the Swype folks will fix soon.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
how do you install it? I am not seeing swype in the market.

Swype isn't available in the market place, it's still in beta

type in 'swype beta' in google, go to the swype website & sign up.
you'll get an email--open on your phone, it'll direct you to a page to download it (still using your phone). open up the installer, choose your version (full or small version) and then install it.

Reactions: ipb_11 and nutty

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Well, I can't get Swype to work at all on my TB :'(
Suggestions?

did you download the beta from the swype website?

if yes, did you perform the installation of the software?
if yes, did you enable swype under the language & keyboard section of your settings?
if yes, did you longpress in an empty text input area, input method, tap Swype

nutty

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Well, I can't get Swype to work at all on my TB :'(
Suggestions?

So I installed, selected swype in the keyboard settings. It didn't work. I went back into the swype installer and had to select swype in there for it to start working

nutty

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Same thing on mine. Installed no problem. Not getting the auto space and auto caps. I am sure it is something that the Swype folks will fix soon.

the auto space works when I try to send an email. It does not work when I send a text message

imex99

May 16, 2010
Visit site
With swype keyboard open, long press and select input method. Select other keyboard, same steps and select swype keyboard again. Had this same glitch on my evo. Keyboard should work until next reboot....

Reactions: Nidaja

nutty

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
With swype keyboard open, long press and select input method. Select other keyboard, same steps and select swype keyboard again. Had this same glitch on my evo. Keyboard should work until next reboot....

That didn't work for me.... Autospace still only works in emails, not messages.

Ryanth

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting stuck on logging in to the app.

I downloaded the file from the swype website.
I clicked to install the file and changed/accepted all of the settings.
It then brings up a logging in window that never logs in.

Any ideas?

Reactions: lovy

anon(18763)

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded and installed it and am having the same problem too. I think it isn't quite ready for the thunderbolt. No spaces between words. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Swype isn't available in the market place, it's still in beta

type in 'swype beta' in google, go to the swype website & sign up.
you'll get an email--open on your phone, it'll direct you to a page to download it (still using your phone). open up the installer, choose your version (full or small version) and then install it.

If you guys get an OTA that adds swype for you, make sure you uninstall your version before doing the OTA. How do you know if you're getting swype in an OTA? I don't know. Someone will have to guinea it and find out.

Nidaja

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I've uninstalled, reinstalled, gone through all the settings, enabled Swype in every menu I can find. It will not work. Even the tutorial fails to function....the first demo it does, does not continue, nor does the text it "swypes" show up in the text box (of the demo).
Any other suggestions? I in all honesty won't/can't type on a standard touchscreen keyboard, and I'll end up taking my TB back :( This will make me so very sad

Nidaja

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok, followed the long press/change keyboard/long press/change back to swype, and IT WORKED!! Thank you so much imex99!!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692