Absolutely SICK OF VERIZON

Littleairjordan1

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Unbelievable. I go to order my thunderbolt online and then enter the free code for overnight shipping. This doesn't work,a glitch occurred. So I chat with Verizon and here is what happens:

Please hold for a Verizon Wireless sales representative to assist you with your order. Thank you for your patience.

You are now chatting with 'Alice'

Alice: Hello. Thank you for visiting our chat service. May I help you with your order today?

You: Hi Alice, my name is *********. I am trying to order the Thunderbolt and am at the page where I can put a promo code for free shipping.

You: you have one on your site FREEOVERNT and when I enter it, it says it is expired.

Alice: Unfortunately that is correct. Usually with the 2-3 business days that is free if you purchase before 4pm you automatically get it free.

You: Understood, but you have a Free Overnight Shipping (versus 2 or 3 days that is standard) right on the first page of verizonwireless.com. I would think that is still valid if it is on the first page of your site?

You: You even provide the promo code as I note above.

Alice: Yes, that is correct which the promo code does not work.

You: I am not following you...

You: Your sentence is not complete

Alice: This morning we have unfortunately been experiencing a site issue with the FREEOVERNT promo code which says it is not valid. We are aware of the issue and technical support is working on getting it fixed. However we apologize for the inconvenience which with the 2-3 business days it gives you the same shipping for free.

You: Do you mean it will be here tomorrow?

You: without that code?

You: Alice, are you there?

Alice: Yes it will be there tomorrow.

You: Great, I just select the free fedex 2 day, correct?

Alice: That is correct.

You: OK, thank you, I appreciate your help.

Alice: You are welcome! We place the 2-3 days on the site due to that some customer order after 4pm and being that the order will be shipped around 2-3 days after 4pm.

Alice: Anytime before 4pm you get free next business day shipping.

Alice: Hi, just checking in how's everything going?

So I'm glad I ordered my Thunderbolt, but I still called customer service to make sure. They tell me it'll be here Monday. I told them my story and they said there is nothing they can do now. Unbelievable. After waiting all this time and having to wait these next 3-4 days kills me because of these stupid, stupid Verizon reps. Thanks a lot Verizon

easyrun99

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I never rely on a chat to convey something important. Not saying it couldn't or shouldn't be handled properly, but chat is just too easy for miscommunication to occur.

Joelist

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Which is why I go to my store. The phone reps are hit and miss (I've had tremendous ones and I've also gotten "Ruprecht the Monkey Boy") but the store reps in my area are all solid pros.

Mapex

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
Call or go to a store. Dealing with the people directly allows you to better get them to empathize with you and be willing to help you out.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I've ordered a ton of phones from Verizon for work and I am usually surprised that even though it states 2-3 day, I get the phone the next day. Granted that the phones I've ordered are not phones on launch day though.

Littleairjordan1

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Really Harsh? and I dont want to go into a store because I could lose my discount and it takes forever in there, and the people arent helpful in their either. I did call while I was ordering it and they suggested for me to use the chat option.

Reactions: Nchaka

Wireless Vet

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Unbelievable. I go to order my thunderbolt online and then enter the free code for overnight shipping. This doesn't work,a glitch occurred. So I chat with Verizon and here is what happens:

Please hold for a Verizon Wireless sales representative to assist you with your order. Thank you for your patience.

You are now chatting with 'Alice'

Alice: Hello. Thank you for visiting our chat service. May I help you with your order today?

You: Hi Alice, my name is *********. I am trying to order the Thunderbolt and am at the page where I can put a promo code for free shipping.

You: you have one on your site FREEOVERNT and when I enter it, it says it is expired.

Alice: Unfortunately that is correct. Usually with the 2-3 business days that is free if you purchase before 4pm you automatically get it free.

You: Understood, but you have a Free Overnight Shipping (versus 2 or 3 days that is standard) right on the first page of verizonwireless.com. I would think that is still valid if it is on the first page of your site?

You: You even provide the promo code as I note above.

Alice: Yes, that is correct which the promo code does not work.

You: I am not following you...

You: Your sentence is not complete

Alice: This morning we have unfortunately been experiencing a site issue with the FREEOVERNT promo code which says it is not valid. We are aware of the issue and technical support is working on getting it fixed. However we apologize for the inconvenience which with the 2-3 business days it gives you the same shipping for free.

You: Do you mean it will be here tomorrow?

You: without that code?

You: Alice, are you there?

Alice: Yes it will be there tomorrow.

You: Great, I just select the free fedex 2 day, correct?

Alice: That is correct.

You: OK, thank you, I appreciate your help.

Alice: You are welcome! We place the 2-3 days on the site due to that some customer order after 4pm and being that the order will be shipped around 2-3 days after 4pm.

Alice: Anytime before 4pm you get free next business day shipping.

Alice: Hi, just checking in how's everything going?

So I'm glad I ordered my Thunderbolt, but I still called customer service to make sure. They tell me it'll be here Monday. I told them my story and they said there is nothing they can do now. Unbelievable. After waiting all this time and having to wait these next 3-4 days kills me because of these stupid, stupid Verizon reps. Thanks a lot Verizon

Poor poor baby :(

SPD

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Yea the code wasn't working for me either but I still chose the overnight at 9 bucks or whatever it was. I just called them and explained what happened and they're reimbursing me the shipping cost on my next bill. Had to talk to two people. First lady said she can't do anything, the next guy did it no problem. With Verizon, you just keep calling back until you get someone that will help you out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12