Outbound SMS not working

TripleR7

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with text messaging on the Thunderbolt? I receive messages fine, and the outbound text messages appear to go out fine. However, no one I have sent the texts to has received them. Any ideas?

MF39

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem, I restarted the phone and it worked fine after that. Tested it with a couple of friends.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
If anyone is having problems try this menu>settings>applications>all>messages> then hit clear data and force close.

J-Dam

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
If anyone is having problems try this menu>settings>applications>all>messages> then hit clear data and force close.

Got to he "clear data" part and this scared me:

"All of this applications data will be deleted permanently. This includes all files, settings, accounts, and databases and so on."

So i stopped right there.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
It will delete your settings and I believe that's it. I just tried it and it didn't remove any of my messages or anything else that I noticed.

XStroX

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I have exact opposite problem! When I sent a text it went through near instantly but on the receiver end they said my phone number showed up as like 20 digits! Then when they responded I never got it! Anyone know what is going on?

Dgomez242@comcast.net

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Mine seems to work just fine. Sent multiple texts and received them all day. No problems. Just an FYI, I had navigation problems up to 8 hours after activation and then they just started working by themselves. The Verizon rep told me this morning some things were not working right after activation, but after some hours they would start to work and sure enough everything works as it should now.

They said it had something to do with the 4G LTE activation that they were having problems with.

J-Dam

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Have pulled the battery three times today. That trick isn't working. Guy at tech said give it a few days but....ARGGGGGG.

J-Dam

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Seems as though my SMS problem has worked itself out. The problem i have now is that when i receive a text from one of my contacts it shows up as their phone number instead of name. Confusing to say the least because i don't know who it is at first. Any way of fixing this using a setting?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol