I plug in my new, shiny Tbolt and it can't find the driver. I've tried searching on other forums... Help!
    03-17-2011 03:46 PM
    I plug in my new, shiny Tbolt and it can't find the driver. I've tried searching on other forums... Help!
    dont know if it has this on the bolt but try the following

settings>applications>development> check off debugging mode, plug the phone in and see if it configured the drivers for you
    03-17-2011 03:48 PM
    No, it didn't work. :'[
    03-17-2011 03:51 PM
    I have Win 7 and had no issues at all - plug and play worked perfectly.
    03-17-2011 03:53 PM
    Ok, I got it working. i had to select the Media Sync option. Thanks guys. :]
    03-17-2011 03:54 PM
    No download on HTC's site. Fail on their part.

Glad you got it working.
    03-17-2011 03:55 PM
    Ok, I got it working. i had to select the Media Sync option. Thanks guys. :]

CyD13, Would you kindly elaborate on the way you got yours working? You selected the Media Sync option on the Thunderbolt or on Win 7?

Thanks in advance
    04-09-2011 11:39 AM
    Am I the only one who gets a blue screen error when I plug my Thunderbolt into my (Windows 7, 32-bit) computer? Every time I plug my phone in, the computer does the "Found new hardware" thing, but then blue screens and restarts before it installs anything. It never blue screens any other time, and I frequently run MalwareBytes scans on my computer, and it never turns up any infections.

I tried downloading HTC Sync online, but when I plugged the phone in, it still did the "Found new hardware", and then blue screened. It doesn't matter which option I choose on the phone; I tried "Mount as hard drive", I tried the option of just using it to charge, etc.

This is really frustrating, because now the only option I have to add files to my phone is to have to always pop out the battery and insert the memory card into my computer. It's not THAT big a deal, I guess, but it'd make my life so much easier to just be able to plug my phone in and be set. :/
    04-09-2011 07:43 PM
    Have you tried using a different usb port?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    04-09-2011 07:51 PM
    I've tried using both of the ones on the front of my computer (the rest are in the back, but are filled up, with my mouse, keyboard, printer, external hard drive, etc.). I don't think either of the front panel USB ports has anything wrong with it; I plug my iPods into them all the time, and never have any problems with them.
    04-09-2011 08:01 PM
    I think you're referring to being able to see the files in your phone with windows explorer.

What people are trying to figure out here is how to get the HTC Sync software to recognize and work with the HTC Thunderbolt

Do you have the HTC Sync software installed and running properly with your phone?
    02-23-2013 09:47 PM
    LOL.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2
    02-24-2013 05:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD