From Droid to Sense.. CAR MODE?

rjpear

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi Folks... is there an HTC Sense Car mode or something that will activate when in the Official Verizon DOCK? And keep the phone/screen HOT.. Maybe Rotate the Desktop etc.? I have a Car DOCK app I used for the Droid.. but it doesn't come on automatically in the Dock like the Droid did... Any ideas for making the car experience better?

Thanks

eloverton2

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi Folks... is there an HTC Sense Car mode or something that will activate when in the Official Verizon DOCK? And keep the phone/screen HOT.. Maybe Rotate the Desktop etc.? I have a Car DOCK app I used for the Droid.. but it doesn't come on automatically in the Dock like the Droid did... Any ideas for making the car experience better?

Thanks

I'm having issues as well. I got the official Verizon thunderbolt car dock and when I plug the phone up nothing happens the battery just charges. Thanks -elo

Reactions: Bennnnn

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I don't see the Car Dock app on this device... I do see a Dock option in the Settings, which is on Automatic and I can't change it. I preferred the app in my old one so I could switch it on myself.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so I got the car dock. The phone having that was a requirement for me...I feel in love when I had my original droid, and used it with my X as well.

The first time I put my Thunderbolt in the dock, it did nothing. I had the thought that maybe it needed to be plugged in to work, I didn't have the dock plugged in at the time because I didn't want the first charge to be from the car. I just got in my car this morning and duped the Thunderbolt in the dock (with the dock plugged in to power) and VIOLA...the car mode automatically launched just like in my Droid and Droid X.

I love this phone!

Mad Jack

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Same on my phone. Car Panel not listed in apps, does not activate when phone is placed in dock. Searched phone and found car panel by using google search. It will activate in the search panel. Not sure what is going on.
OK, just checked the dock again. Apparently I did not have the phone seated in the dock all the way. With the dock I have you have to incert the phone until you feel a click, then the car panel will activate.

Last edited:

rjpear

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Ok..So it's just how the Phone sit's in the Dock that should activate it...? Not a Phone setting? Is there a DEFAULT Car Dock APP or CAR mode? Or a way to pick an App to Run when the phone detects its in the Cradle?
I had to manually launch a Car Dock APP again this AM.. Even when the Phone was locked in and charging..

Thanks for the Good info!

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
There are asps in the app store.

Here's a strange one...I can't figure out how to get back to car mode once I launch an app. It the notification bar car mode shows up, but it says "click to exit car mode".

I wish it would go back to car mode when you push the home button like my Droid X does.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so I had downloaded an asp that simulates this functionality before I discovered it already existed. Once I deleted that app, the home burton goes to car home now as it should. I'm happy.

Rhyno77

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
X2 for "car dashboard".
This oem dock is seriously subpar compared to the Droid and Droid x docks that I've had. That's one of my only complaints so far.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

djcyph

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
guys i ran into this problem too when i got the car dock...

someone said it b4 the trick is u have to hear it click and then u know its all the way in...dont worry its not gonna hurt it if u put some pressure to get it to click...car dock pops up everything time after click

from what i can tell there is no way to activate Car Dock without it...i know u can with the incredible

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7