Thunderbolt Issues/Solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geeksy

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm noticing a mountain of threads with issues, and that's going to be a load of work on our poor moderators, so I'm going to try to keep up with all of the issues and the working solutions. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Activation
Issue: Won't activate on VZW network
Solution: Wait, try again in 10 minutes

Battery Life
Issue: Pathetic
Solution: Turn off Auto brightness, decrease brightness of screen, turn off Mobile Hot Spot when not in use, decrease use

Outgoing SMS
Issue: A problem with sending, receiving
Solution: Reset phone. If that doesn't work, do a battery pull. If that doesn't work, panic.

Updating Post

Last edited:

quanb24

Jan 31, 2011
www.twitter.com
How do I stop the messages notifications from popping up I'm using handsent and I keep getting two text message notifications. I turn off all notification setting in the stock messaging app but it still pops up in the notification bar any suggestions? Thanks

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
How do I stop the messages notifications from popping up I'm using handsent and I keep getting two text message notifications. I turn off all notification setting in the stock messaging app but it still pops up in the notification bar any suggestions? Thanks

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

open the stock messaging, from the screen with the list of messages, hit menu>settings>notifications,,, uncheck it

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Ive been having an issue with the audible selection feature. If you go to settings>sound>audible selection and click the check-mark, it make the device make a clicking sound when you make any kind of screen selection...well for me it starts cutting out sometimes. i'll click the browser icon, it will click, back out and do it again, and no click. Seems to be a software bug. Can anyone confirm? You have to use the device with the feature turned on for awhile before you'll notice it(if it's not just me)

ebrown126

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm having a problem with outgoing sms.
When someone receives a text from me its like 16 digits and not my phone number.

Anybody else have this problem.

sandoff

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Outgoing TXT not showing phone number,showing as IMSI #

When i txt someone my phone number comes up as some 16 digit number?? Does anyone else have this issue? Fixes??

DMBMARKT

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a problem with outgoing sms.
When someone receives a text from me its like 16 digits and not my phone number.

Anybody else have this problem.

I had it as well as people weren't getting my replies. I reset the device and it worked after that. That was the first reset I did after first getting the phone, so I don't know if that had something to do with it. Has worked great ever since.

Reactions: ebrown126

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Anyone know how to get a separate notification sound for voice mail vs sms?

You cannot unless you use 3rd party apps for them.

Example: I use Handcent for SMS and Google Voice for voicemail. Within those apps I can change the notification sound. When dealing with stock apps, you get one standard notification for all.

Reactions: DMBMARKT

DMBMARKT

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
You cannot unless you use 3rd party apps for them.

Example: I use Handcent for SMS and Google Voice for voicemail. Within those apps I can change the notification sound. When dealing with stock apps, you get one standard notification for all.

Ah, interesting. Thanks for the info. I came from a Touch Pro 2 and you could have a separate sound for each of those. Weird to me that HTC doesn't let you do that now, but not a major issue. Thank you.

anon(2632)

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I cannot get Swype to work in the messaging app. Well, it works but it does not put in spaces between words. It works as it should in email, but not in messaging. I have checked the settings and they are correct. Anyone else? I love me some swype and have been waiting patiently to get rid of my eris and get it working on my TB but no go.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I cannot get Swype to work in the messaging app. Well, it works but it does not put in spaces between words. It works as it should in email, but not in messaging. I have checked the settings and they are correct. Anyone else? I love me some swype and have been waiting patiently to get rid of my eris and get it working on my TB but no go.

Not sure if Swype is optimized to work with the Bolt yet even for Beta but I have heard reports of it working. idk. Just remember, they don't call it beta for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech