THUNDERBOLT LAG. anyone? anyone? bueller?

shocka

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
can't seem to get any confirmation or denials, but my 'bolt does seem to stutter (have referred to it as almost a vibrational minor lag) in the app tray. and a tad in the favorites widget. neither are major at all. but i was (a) curious if anyone else is experiencing it and (b) just wondered if maybe expecting ZERO lag is the problem here. like i said, nothing major, and the swiping between home screens is totally buttery, and the phone really is super fast. but the app tray lag? anyone? anyone?

Guntherm

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Have to say I haven't found any lags on this one. However I will say coming from the Dinc I did get some once in awhile. But never worried about it.

zshazz

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I got some lagging when I was using the Thunderstorm live wallpaper from Kittehface earlier ... but the live wallpapers that come with the phone don't do it and the static wallpapers obviously don't either.

Reactions: shocka

shocka

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
it's the kittehface wallpaper. just switched it out for static and all is well again. but that thunderstorm wallpaper is just too darned purdy. i think i might switch back and suffer a teeny tiny bit of lag for the oohs and ahhs of my thunderbolt thunderstorm.

shocka

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
actually i dunno now. i just compared the app tray with my old eris and while the eris is jerkier it doesn't have that slight and strange vibration that the app icons have right as the tray is coming to a halt. i seriously don't know if this is something faulty with my phone or if i am just being hyper critical and anal. help!!!

leehblanc

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
actually i dunno now. i just compared the app tray with my old eris and while the eris is jerkier it doesn't have that slight and strange vibration that the app icons have right as the tray is coming to a halt. i seriously don't know if this is something faulty with my phone or if i am just being hyper critical and anal. help!!!

My Bolt actually adds the icons to the homescreen before I press anything... it's that fast! Seriously, though, I've had NO lag. Not to imply that you're stupid or anything, but have you tried a battery pull? On past phones I've had hiccups that could only be cured with a 30 second battery pull. The other option (and this will suck if you've already set everything up) is to do a factory reset. If neither of those works, then I would take it back for a new one. There is ZERO lag in ANYTHING I do on mine.

Reactions: shocka

shocka

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
My Bolt actually adds the icons to the homescreen before I press anything... it's that fast! Seriously, though, I've had NO lag. Not to imply that you're stupid or anything, but have you tried a battery pull? On past phones I've had hiccups that could only be cured with a 30 second battery pull. The other option (and this will suck if you've already set everything up) is to do a factory reset. If neither of those works, then I would take it back for a new one. There is ZERO lag in ANYTHING I do on mine.

ahh the wonder of a simple battery pull. it has gone from "largely lag-free" to scary fast. was just playing around with navigation and that sucker is FAAAAAST. and the pinch to zoom rocks.

leehblanc

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
ahh the wonder of a simple battery pull. it has gone from "largely lag-free" to scary fast. was just playing around with navigation and that sucker is FAAAAAST. and the pinch to zoom rocks.

I was only exaggerating a little when I said mine does things as soon as I think of them, and before I press any buttons :p Glad I could help, and thanks for the "Thanks"!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1