Power button doesn't "stick out" enough

anon(75289)

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I picked up two TB's yesterday morning, and after a few hours of use, I noticed that the power button on one of them sits significantly lower is its hole than the other. And when I say significantly, I mean that it is Flush with the case and doesn't stick up at all.

So since I only have two phones, one with a button that sticks out, and one that doesn't. Which is normal?? I assume that I just have a defect and the button should stick out more. It's kind of a pain to push it to turn the screen on.

Thanks!

rjpear

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Same issue here with the Low Power button.. The Best Buy Guy Questioned it when turning it on... and the other guy said he didn't have an issue with one he did earlier.. but of course I walked out with the Fubared Power Button..Grr...

bmcclure937

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
My solution... the matte black silicon case from Verizon works great for pressing the button. My philosophy is that it probably does not abuse the button as much as if you needed to jab at it to try to wake your device.

The case has a raised portion where the button sits and has a contact to press into the button. This has worked well and without any issues for me :)

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if I can take it apart and bend the metal spring out more? I'll wait for an iFix-it tear down guide :)

Unless you really know what you are doing I wouldn't take it apart. This is a common problem on the Evo, even the high ones when new after a month or so settle into the frame not sure why. You can see the switch well by just removing the battery door.

anon(75289)

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Here is where mine sits and I would consider this as normal. My Evo is abouut the same. Click pic to enlarge.
Yep thats about how mine is. But the other TB a bought yesterday sits way higher! Well it did as of yesterday. I'll have to take a look at it when it comes home later today to see if its use today set it back down.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I didn't have much of a problem with power button with DInc and on TB I don't have any problems powering off. But I have to hit the button a few times before I get it right and the phone starts powering up. So far that has been my ONLY problem with the phone. Battery life is not exciting but I was mentally prepared for that and is not one my complaints.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I didn't have much of a problem with power button with DInc and on TB I don't have any problems powering off. But I have to hit the button a few times before I get it right and the phone starts powering up. So far that has been my ONLY problem with the phone. Battery life is not exciting but I was mentally prepared for that and is not one my complaints.

I have this issue also. What I found was you really have to hold the button down for a good long time before the power up sequence starts for some reason.

Reactions: prakash99

zionarbadon

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem with the power button being very low, but mine was to the point where it was not pressing in. It was simply an issue of the best guy snapping the back on in a way that made the button flush. I snapped the back on a few times (trying to come from the bottom) and now it works fine. :)

Sal

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Mine seems to be a little lopsided. The power button is a little raised on its right, as you face the screen, but is flat/flush on the left side. Anyone else notice this? I'm happy with the phone otherwise so far, after a day's use. Would anyone take it back for this? I do have to press it more deliberately than my old Droid1 to get it to function...

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Mine seems to be a little lopsided. The power button is a little raised on its right, as you face the screen, but is flat/flush on the left side. Anyone else notice this? I'm happy with the phone otherwise so far, after a day's use. Would anyone take it back for this? I do have to press it more deliberately than my old Droid1 to get it to function...

Yes mine too and I think this is due to the fact I bet the real switch button under the outer button is not in the center of the outer casing but to one side. I wish HTC would benchmark the IPhone4 it has the best switch gear I have ever seen on a phone. Thats the thing with Apple they really sweat the details to make it right.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I wish HTC would benchmark the IPhone4 it has the best switch gear I have ever seen on a phone. Thats the thing with Apple they really sweat the details to make it right.

Including the faulty antenna? ;-) LOL ... no thanks I like to actually use my phone to make calls from time to time...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance