Stock SD Card randomly "write protected"

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
When I got home with my Bolt earlier today, I was transferring a ton of stuff from "my" Fascinate's SD card on to my Desktop, and then onto my Bolt's 32gb SD card. Now I just put the Bolt's SD card back into the computer and it's write protected.

How did that happen..? I didn't change it at all, I know that much. How would that have gotten done on its own? And furthermore, without reformatting, how do I get it writable again?

Yes, I unmounted it properly each time. I also powered the phone off completely each time; I didn't just pop the battery out and kill the power. SD card info (transferred ring/notification tones, etc) work just fine on my Bolt as well.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
When I got home with my Bolt earlier today, I was transferring a ton of stuff from "my" Fascinate's SD card on to my Desktop, and then onto my Bolt's 32gb SD card. Now I just put the Bolt's SD card back into the computer and it's write protected.

How did that happen..? I didn't change it at all, I know that much. How would that have gotten done on its own? And furthermore, without reformatting, how do I get it writable again?

Yes, I unmounted it properly each time. I also powered the phone off completely each time; I didn't just pop the battery out and kill the power. SD card info (transferred ring/notification tones, etc) work just fine on my Bolt as well.

if you have an adaptor or can get a hold of one try the following, place the card in the adaptor and on the side of the adaptor there is a little switch that will enable or disable write protection,, I dont know how it works but i have heard people having success with this method