Weather app which is best

ksb63

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
The sense weather is ok but no radar and limited future forcast as well as cities (saw a way to add more from xda)

So which paid or free app works best and has radar? Been using Berryweather so used to having multiple cities and radars.

Reactions: Chrisy

ksb63

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Was reading latest reviews on weather bug elite and seems like last update messed it up. Is my cast any good?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I like Weather Bug Elite... it's worth the couple dollars for the radar and no ads... if you don't mind the ads, then go with the free version.

Reactions: ksb63

theGman911

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Was reading latest reviews on weather bug elite and seems like last update messed it up. Is my cast any good?

Mycast is pretty good as well. The radar loads much better than weatherbug.

Weatherbug elite works fine since the last update.

I use both.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jas o

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I like weather bug the best. Widget is good, easy to use. All a personal preference. Best way is to doown load the free ones and give them a try. Just remember to go into settings and adjust they frequency that they update to what you like to save battery.

ksb63

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Thank y'all for help will load on wifes phone when she gets home. Do i need to kill the htc weather widget?

theGman911

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Thank y'all for help will load on wifes phone when she gets home. Do i need to kill the htc weather widget?

Don't even use a task killer. Forget anything you have heard. Including mumbo jumbo from any verizon employee. Unless you enjoy restarting your phone all the time to restore native links that you are killing, stopping many apps from working.... Even if your not killing them directly.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ksb63

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Right have no task killer installed, Guess I meant get rid of or delete or whatever so don't have multiple weather apps running at once

fire n ice

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Yes just get rid of the widget if you are going to be using another weather app. Also don't forget to go into your accounts & sync under setting and disable htc weather

Sent from my SCH-I500

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm a fan of Weatherbug Elite, however as another poster mentioned, they broke the widget updating in the last release. I sent them a message about it and they acknowledged it and said they had technicians working on it, but it's been at least 2 - 3 weeks with no fix. Seems like a long time to fix something that worked just one release ago.

ksb63

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Ok have tried weatherbug, the weather channel and mycast none are great any other options available? Like most things about phone and android over my berry except for weather. Aslo to hijack my thread, is there anyway to set poynt do the reverse lookup by picking phone numbers instead of entering by hand?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Ok have tried weatherbug, the weather channel and mycast none are great any other options available? Like most things about phone and android over my berry except for weather. Aslo to hijack my thread, is there anyway to set poynt do the reverse lookup by picking phone numbers instead of entering by hand?

What was so bad or missing from Weatherbug? As I recall, or should I just quote you:

The sense weather is ok but no radar and limited future forcast as well as cities (saw a way to add more from xda)

So which paid or free app works best and has radar? Been using Berryweather so used to having multiple cities and radars.

I used Berryweather on my old 9700... I can see radar... I can add locations... I can look 5 days ahead on the forecast on the main page... I can drill into the forecast to see more details... what else are you looking for???

And sorry, but I have not used Poynt since my old Blackberry days.

bdragon

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I used Berryweather on my old 9700... I can see radar... I can add locations... I can look 5 days ahead on the forecast on the main page... I can drill into the forecast to see more details... what else are you looking for???

And sorry, but I have not used Poynt since my old Blackberry days.

I really wish Bellshare would go cross platform. I miss BWeather and BBuzz.

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

Sorry you are not finding what you need. What exactly does the BB weather app do that is not done by these? It might help find what you need knowing that. Two other apps you may want to check out: Radar Now and Weather Pro.

ksb63

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Weeks forecast, multiple radar sites and audio from weather service, being able to pick weather stations that are nearer to me (one was around corner) sun/moon rise set moon phase

Like radar now and using lunasolcal for moon/sun
Now using 3-4 apps to do same thing will have to try weather pro. Weatherbug just feels kludgey the weather channel does force close occasionally when using radar map.

Will probably get used to and this is just minor annoyance in a much better platform.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Take a look at Palmary Weather in the market there is a free and a paid version, with the paid version you get the option of 10 different widgets.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance