Ugghh this is gonna be brutal (3g-4g handoff/battery)

Jaymil

Neutronbomb
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
So I didn't get to test the 4g as I don't have it where I live. I do however have 4g where I work...or at least I'm supposed to. I get to work this morning expecting some 4g sweetness. I see the 4g icon come on but then go away. And then turn to 3g. And then back to 4g. And then 3g....and so on.

I've been at work for 10 minutes now and even after bump charging my battery is already down to 90%. I don't see this ending well. I'd really love to have a toggle to just turn the damn 4g off if I'm not in a reliable 4g spot. That sucks though since I'm well within the "coverage zone" on verizon's map atm.

jmeitz

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Same here, i cannot even connect to the net as it toggles between 4g and 3g constantly. Battery is going down as you watch the screen. very frustrating. they need to come out with a toggle quickly or it goes back...

Jaymil

Neutronbomb
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I just went outside to smoke and I had a solid 4 bars of 4g. Did a speed test, 15 down, .75 up... DC area. Good enough for me if only it worked 100 yds away in my office. But yeah.. down to 85% now. Only 8 hours to go...

C Dirty

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I am in a 4G coverage area, and when I woke up it was in 3G and wouldn't go back to 4G. Once I restarted it went back to 4G. Interesting. A toggle switch would be nice because though I get a consistent 3-4 bars of 4G at home, I'm usually sitting at 1-2 bars at work.

jmeitz

May 25, 2010
Visit site
battery dropped 42% in one hr with the 3g and 4g hand shake issue with no phone usage other than to check periodically the battery status.

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
black_man_x mentioned on twitter a while back that a big reason for the delay was LTE handoff... I wonder if this is precisely what he as talking about - the fact that the handoff kills the battery

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Im sure that since they released the device, they have a fix coming SOON. They probably decided to put it out now just because everyone knew about it and wanted it NOW. They are probably still testing and will have an update which will pro long battery life and also give us skype. Im happy with the TB. It's everything i expected. Definitely not disappointed.

Bwangster12

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I'd imagine that using Skype will kill battery even faster. My guess is part of that could be the reason Skype isn't available now. They are figuring out how to get battery life to hold when using video and chat.

jmeitz

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Just spoke with Verizon tech who called HTC while i was on the phone and at this time they said they have no solution for it.

thehotboy#AC

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
i think theres something wrong with the radio on my device because i am in a full 4G coverage area yet im having difficulty getting data at all smh not even 3G

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000