Hotmail Exchange Config problem on Thunderbolt

normio2

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
So I had an OG droid before and had my hotmail account configured using the exchange options (server m.hotmail.com). It worked great on the droid, but on the TB it sets up fine, but then when I receive an email and read it, it becomes unread again as soon as it synchronizes. Also when I delete an email, it just comes back after it syncs again. I remember this happening early on with the Droid too when exchange support for hotmail first came out, anyone else experiencing this or have any ideas?

normio2

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Seriously nobody? Let me know if its working fine for you also, because then its something with my phone. I don't get it.

normio2

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
So I just tried deleting my account and went to re-add it and now it won't add at all. This is sooo fail! WTF!!! Very frustrated now

bills742

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
How did you guys get the account to add? I did manual setup, m.hotmail.com, etc. and it says authentication failed. Is anyone else having that problem?

normio2

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Yea I did the manual setup m.hotmail.com etc. Now I can't even add it though, it says failed at the end and please try again later.

Joelist

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Why are you setting up in that manner? The email app has a specific setup wizard for hotmail. When you click "Add Account" you will see Hotmail as one of the choices.

normio2

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Why are you setting up in that manner? The email app has a specific setup wizard for hotmail. When you click "Add Account" you will see Hotmail as one of the choices.

Because that sets it up under POP access. Activesync access gives you the ability to synchronize your contacts, calendar, and email.

Joelist

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Because that sets it up under POP access. Activesync access gives you the ability to synchronize your contacts, calendar, and email.

Got it. I just created a hotmail and then set it up under activesync. So far everything appears to work on test messages I send.

normio2

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
So I've double checked, its not the phone, it has to be my account. I tried to configure it on my friends phone, an OG droid, and it still wouldn't let it be configured. So I think I've hit some sort of limit for mobile connections. So now I have to wait until they get back to me.

bills742

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Well, I got it to setup but it only shows I have 1 email, WTF is going on. I refresh and it doesn't bring up any new messages. I have it set to pull up all emails (not just last 14 days or whatever the default is) and still nothing. Is anyone having this problem?

jpthomas27

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Having the same problem with it not downloading all mail. Only receivies new mail since it was set up. Same with all my folders, it syncs, the folders appear on the phone but they are empty. Also when I read or delete the mail on the phone the email either shows up as unread (if read) or reappears as new mail if I deleted it when it syncs up.

I've tried deleting the account and seting it up again, but no luck.

Additional question: In the options for the account when it's set up through active sync it does not allow me to change the message format from "Plain text" to Full HTML, which I assume is what the other option should be. Anyone know why this is?

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
This is a huge fail on HTC's part. Having the same problems as previous poster.

This is not HTC's problem, it's Microsoft's and the way their Hotmail portal is setup.

Gmail and Yahoo accounts work just fine using the HTC Mail app and will show read and unread emails properly both on the phone and your PC. Only Hotmail seems to have an issue

midas123

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I tried for weeks to get hotmail to work right on androids Dinc and TB. I read in a thread to use a different email client to set up Hotmail ---apk 2.2 I downloaded it, and it works perfectly. Mail and calandar syns - and I can see all my folders. Its not touchdown ...

Email.apk - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Field
Setting

Server / URL
m.hotmail.com

Username
Enter full email address, for example: someone@example.com

Domain
Leave this blank

SSL
Enable this

Certificate
Accept the SSL certificate when prompted or check it

Reactions: speedracex

speedracex

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I tried for weeks to get hotmail to work right on androids Dinc and TB. I read in a thread to use a different email client to set up Hotmail ---apk 2.2 I downloaded it, and it works perfectly. Mail and calandar syns - and I can see all my folders. Its not touchdown ...

Email.apk - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Field
Setting

Server / URL
m.hotmail.com

Username
Enter full email address, for example: someone@example.com

Domain
Leave this blank

SSL
Enable this

Certificate
Accept the SSL certificate when prompted or check it

Thanks man, didnt even think to pull out the email.apk out of a moto phone, it works great like it did on my D1/DX

normio2

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Midas123, great thinking! This worked great. Hopefully HTC will wake up and fix their app, but till then this is perfect!

midas123

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Very glad it is working for everyone --- I had my hotmail account for about 10 years and didn't want to switch to Gmail ... I was hoping HTC would have had it fixed with the new TB, but it wasn't

normio2

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Very glad it is working for everyone --- I had my hotmail account for about 10 years and didn't want to switch to Gmail ... I was hoping HTC would have had it fixed with the new TB, but it wasn't

So this was an issue with HTC's email app from before? What I don't understand is it only had an issue on one of my hotmail accounts, but not the other. Very strange, but at least this works. Thanks again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool