Dead Pixels

jd10984

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
So I had some screen/light leakage on my first T-Bolt which the guy admitted should not be there and I exchanged it, problem solved. However on my 2nd T-Bolt I got a dead pixel dead center of it, so whenever I am browsing or anything this black dot is just sitting there which REALLY gets on my nerves :( Is there anyway to fix the dead pixel or am I stuck having to do another exchange?

jd10984

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Time for another exchange. I hope they take it back.

Ya, like this one has none of the problems the first one had but none the less it has a dead pixel dead center of the screen. Is that common? Because I have yet to have a phone with any dead pixels.. I just feel like an idiot doing another exchange.. But come on :(

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I know a fix for dead pixels on lcd computer/tv screens.... never heard of anything for phone screens though.... might be time to switch it for another one or wait and see if it goes away on its own.

BrianTufo

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Ya, like this one has none of the problems the first one had but none the less it has a dead pixel dead center of the screen. Is that common? Because I have yet to have a phone with any dead pixels.. I just feel like an idiot doing another exchange.. But come on :(

Not an idiot at all. Just want what you paid for! For sure bring it back and tell them it is unacceptable that you spent $250 on a device and after 1 day are about to be on your 3rd due to problems!

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I return ANY device that has a dead pixel. Don't feel stupid. Only a fool would keep a phone with a dead pixel in the middle of the screen.

Let us know how the 3rd phone works out. :)

jd10984

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Not an idiot at all. Just want what you paid for! For sure bring it back and tell them it is unacceptable that you spent $250 on a device and after 1 day are about to be on your 3rd due to problems!

Ya he seemed a tad anoyed when I exchanged the first one. Didnt talk to me the whole time.. Now I am about to go back lol. I mean its a valid complaint though correct? As for it going away, I rebooted it a couple times but no go :(

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have two small light leaks under menu and arrow. No way would I Exchange for that. It's barely noticeable unless It's very dark and I look.at it from a specific angle.

blackmannx#AC

Panda Motherfrinkin King
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Dead pixels are not caused by users and the fact that he exchanged your old unit for a damaged unit shows they arent checking the little things. I love my store peeps but this is unacceptable and he should throw in something for the fact you had to come back AGAIN...

Reactions: anon(75289)

Rhyyker

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I had to exchange mine within three hours too, turns out my power button was getting stuck. I thought it was just the design for the power to be ridiculously hard to push, but then i tried a demo model at the store while I was there to get a case, and realized I had a bum unit.

anyway, sorry to thread jack, good luck!

Gorilla

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I have two small light leaks under menu and arrow. No way would I Exchange for that. It's barely noticeable unless It's very dark and I look.at it from a specific angle.

Chrisy, how are u liking the thunderbolt so far?

I know u have been waiting forever on the thunderbolt to switch to from BB..

Are u in a 4G area?

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I am LOVING this unit! Well worth the wait. I'm actually using 4G right now. Fast. I'll ne getting an extended battery. Then I'm all set.

Normally I'm not in a 4G area.

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site

I have the same thing on mine; I agree it's liveable ..... especially with the amount of time it took to get it bought and set up when I was in the store! :D

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I was out of the store in 25 minutes. Went smooth. Loved having my contacts and calendar all syncd. Then I downloaded appbrain and got my apps on. Went so fast compared to setting up a blackberry!

jd10984

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Okay so either my best buy has a faulty set of T-Bolts, I have beyond bad luck or there is a reallllly big problem here. I brought the second one back no problem, only for us to notice the third one had a decent size piece of dust underneath the screen almost looks like a tiny eyebrow.. You can only notice it on a white screen but none the less. So he decided to open one more to see if we could FINALLY luck out, only for this one to have a dead pixel and a piece of dust underneath the screen. Needless to say me and 2 of the mobile guys were shocked that 4 yes all 4 had problems with them.

So he told me he could not open up any more and that I should go to a corporate verizon store and see if they would exchange it for one of theirs.. I went there only to be turned down by them.. Went back to best buy AGAIN I talked to the mobile guy and he told me I had 30 days from today to switch it out and to check back next week, if they got a new batch in we'll give it another shot.

He also said they opened one more after I left and it had dust under the screen as well. Needless to say we were both anoyed by it, he said he never seen anything that widespread like that with a phone. He said they sent an email to verizon and best buy to let them know of the issue.

So quick run down.

T-Bolt #1 light leakage (would have just stuck with it had i known the problems I would have)

T-Bolt #2 dead pixel center screen

T-Bolt #3 a decent size spec of dust under the screen

T-Bolt #4 dust under the screen and a dead pixel..

T-Bolt #5 dust under the screen.

So here I am stuck with T-Bolt #3 and not a happy camper. I am trying not to be anal here but this is bs its a $250 phone there should not be this many problems :( Now I have to decide if I want to wait it out until they get a new shipment in, go to another best buy on my day off next week and switch it there or just go back to the iphone 4 which gave me zero problems like this.

BTW is there ANY way to get dust out from under the screen? He took some compressed air and tried to get it out but it didnt work at all.

Koato

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
wow man, sucks to hear your having all this trouble.. I'd be pretty adamant about them swapping your phone for one that is in perfect condition if I was you(without being rude of course).

How did dust get under the screen in the first place.. ahhh :/

aupharmd2011

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
man, that's crazy, I've heard of problems with phones but that entire stores shipment is messed up

that's poor qc on HTC's fault....I can see 1 in a few getting out with a tiny problem but 5 in a row is a little hinky

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair