What does the 1x, 3G, 4G disappear?

Pharmduq64

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
Just spoke to Verizon Tech Support about the issue. They are aware, and it has been taken to the "highest level" for resolution. But I could not get them to commit to a time frame. But they did acknowledge that it is a network issue not a device issue.

exmeaguy

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Theoretically, the TB should switch to 3G connection when 4g is not available. My problem is that 3G never appears. I used to have the HTC incredible in my house and have steady 3G connection. Now, with 4g icon come on and off, I do not have any data connection, absolutely zero data connection.

Does YOUR phone lock in 3G and give you data connection?

I feel as if this was written by me. I got the TB last night and I get 4g or nothing. And I am getting 4g about 35% of the time. This is a worthless phone. I will take the phone back to Verizon and try a swap for another TB. Sounds like others are saying that the phone does switch between 4g, 3g, 1x, so the capability is there.

airsmith

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Not just a CA issue, happening to me in Ft Worth Texas as well. I'm in a 4g area and have only seen 4g pop up once. At home it goes from 3g, to 1x, and just disconnects all together quite frequently. Never had this issue with my Dinc.

seanspeng

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Okay. There is a work around to this mess. Download "Phone info" app. In phone system setting, you can switch from LTE to CDMA Auto (PRL). This change will give you steady 3g connection.

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
I have turned of the LTE network in the Service Menu. No more dropping 3G coverage anymore. Oh and Im not in a LTE coverage are at all.

phoenixone

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm in Old Bethpage NY (literally about 4 blocks from full 4g, presently in extended 4g) and my wife and I have been having the same issues since powering up the phones yesterday. Goes from 3G, to 1X to nothing, then shoots up to 4G, then nothing, then 3G..then nothing, and for a brief sec, I could of sworn I saw an FU, but it could only be my imagination. At least they know about it and hope they do fix it and not tell us....FU.

rexdog1888

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I think this is a bigger issue than just a "reception issue". I seem to frequently have full bars with ZERO indication as to what bandwidth it is on. 4G, 3G, 1X, etc. I have to restart phone and all is well but annoying as hell.

This is my problem exactly and its driving me crazy.

rexdog1888

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like it may be a California network issue. If so this is strange as I thought BMX said the LA network would be ready. I've already mentioned that I'm fine even in extended 4G coverage and I'm in St. Louis.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

Its not just California, I'm in Houston, TX and having the same problem.

stopswitch

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I live in san diego myself. Ordered my phone via verizons website. Got the phone yesterday and its a very nice phone, when it has a data connection that is.

Previous phone was a OG Moto droid and it had 3g pretty much everywhere i went in san diego. Right when the phone was activated its had data problems with it dropping data connections constantly. Places where i had 3g service all the time, now I barely have any service. Im in a 4G LTE area, the whole city is.

Does this phone just have bad reception or what? I am seriously contemplating on returning my phone if this is not resolved, its a smartphone basically without a stable data connection(1x,3g, any of them). Its sad when my moto droid had a way better data connection than this thing does.

I called verizon tech support lastnight, they said they did some things on their end, but the phone still lacks any solid data connection, i dont even care about LTE so much, I JUST want to use my phone.

Pharmduq64

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but now I seem to be losing all data connection. It reads full bars but no data indication (1x, 3g, 4g). Try to open the internet, no connection. Sometimes disabling the data or putting into airplane mode and then back resets it, but sometimes I need to restart.

Please help if this is a phone issue. Or I hope verizon fixes the network problem.

h2opoloplyr_11

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I think its a network problem. Ive had the phone thursday and friday, both days the phone did lose data icon from time to time. Friday was the worst, as i did not get data at work for about 3 hours. Even with a restart, the data icon would disappear 5 min later. Saturday phone was better. Had 4g the whole time, and even at work did not lose the data at all. It did cut out for about 2 min at one point but its been working since.

mpciii

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm having a similar problem with my wife's TB. I activated it yesterday and the phone worked but no data. It would show 3G uploading but never connect. The tech said it was taking longer for that part to activate. Told me to leave it alone for 3 hours and try again. I came back to it and it was fine. Logged her into gmail, set up her apps then a few hours later it started again and is still doing it. I'm taking it into the store today. I live in a 3g ares but work in all 4g.

willstilson

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Im having an issue holding 4G. Im in NYC and the phone is constantly on 3G. If i force it to LTE mode it will hold 4G signal for quite some time, but upon restart it goes back to 3G. The 4G signal is strong, when its there, so is the 3G. Anyone have a suggestion?

daubman

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
4G/3G also dropping for me

According to VZW's coverage map, my neighborhood is dead-center in a decent sized "4G LTE Coverage Area" (note - not even Extended - but actual coverage area). Since bringing my phone home Saturday, however, I have only seen 4G pop on the screen for a few seconds. Occasionally 3G will show up, somewhat often 1x, but most of the time just bars with no 1x/3g/4g whatsoever.

It took forever to activate google voice on the phone since it couldn't text out from my house (again, dead-center in a '4G LTE Coverage Area').

I have not yet tried disabling LTE - I'm hoping there are updates coming.

Has anybody gotten word from Verizon on timeline / issue details, etc?

AlpineM3#AC

May 13, 2010
Visit site
+1 on all those problems......I even lose WiFi even though the WiFi symbol is still on, but no data WTF!!!!

There are countless threads popping up about these problems so I'm inclined to believe its the network and can be fixed....this is getting pretty frustrating having to reboot up to 2 times per day, this isn't a BBerry for gods sake!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21