FatTony666#AC

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Can someone help me out here? I have searched around and can't seem to find anything. I checked the box in settings that says fast boot but when I turn off the phone and turn it back on, it boots like normal. Is there a special way to get fast boot to work?

russell5

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
You should need anything else but that setting.

Are you choosing power off or restart?

Power off is the one that will result in a fast boot restart wont.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
? Although I'm not offended, I'm hardly a NOOB. A NOOB with this device I guess, but that's because it was released yesterday. I've been a smart phone user since the late 90's! I got the OG Droid the day it came out, got the X the day it came out, go the XOOM the day it came out....so hardly a NOOB. I just don't know what Fast Boot is...sorry.

russell5

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
So your a HTC noob. lol jk.

HTC came out with it months ago it basicly hibernates the phone so the boot up is like 5 or 10 seconds

Sal

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Fast Boot allows for just that, a quick reboot after you power off. I don't think this it gives a full, thorough reboot though. I noticed it kept my last browser session intact, etc. I think it's more like a "hibernation" setting. You can turn it on through "Settings" both under the "Power" or "Applications" menus.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
its my understanding that the fast boot setting doesn't allow the phone itself to boot quicker. rather it allows the sense process to boot in just a few seconds. instead of having to wait for all the screens to load and update

defsquad

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
gah i can't wait for perma-root WITH recovery/s-off so we can get rid of sense. i came from an OG droid myself and am spoiled by being able to choose what i want to use for a front-end. though, i do appreciate many of the htc created apps (just don't want the whole sense experience).

anyway, back on topic: fast boot checked didn't do anything for me either (tried shutting off then turning back on, tried restarting, and tried battery pull and booting back up)

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
? Although I'm not offended, I'm hardly a NOOB. A NOOB with this device I guess, but that's because it was released yesterday. I've been a smart phone user since the late 90's! I got the OG Droid the day it came out, got the X the day it came out, go the XOOM the day it came out....so hardly a NOOB. I just don't know what Fast Boot is...sorry.

Sorry dude, I was really talking about myself, but I know I included you. My bad. This is actually my first smart phone and it's amazing. :cool:

samuraifortruth

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Completely Agree..

I've had an Original Droid, a Droid X and now the Thunderbolt. In my opinion Sense blows the other two out of the water.

Just my .02.

Hey DanH for the record I completely agree I had two Motorola droids the original and 2. Before that I had a blackberry storm and prior to that numerous other blackberry phones and now that I got the thunderbolt I am completely blown away.
It's so smooth and fast its awesome and completely outclasses the Motorola droids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke