Touchscreen issues - possible cause - PLEASE READ

Do you have touchscreen problems when typing or scrolling?

• Total voters

froader

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Hope I am not alone here, but since getting the TB yesterday I have been having problems with the touchscreen simply stop responding. It happened while writing this - yes 3 times by this point. I am experiencing this also when browsing.
To add when typing, many times the cursor will jump to a random spot, say a few lines up and mess up what I am typing. I am for sure not touching the arrows!
4th and 5th freeze now.
I am coming from the DInc, so I am familiar with the on screen keyboard.

UPDATE:
I can successfully make this problem happen .
When the phone is in landscape and typing or
scrolling if I place my hand just right on the
kickstand I can make the screen stop responding .
Remove hand from kickstand and its back to
responding .

UPDATE 2:
Thanks for the poll results!
I think that I finally figured out what is causing this. When I hold the phone in landscape and type, my hand is accidently touching the touch sensitive buttons at the bottom of the phone, causing the touchscreen to stop responging.
So, it's not a defect other than maybe a design issue with the buttons or my hands.

Last edited:

froader

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I dont think that's the issue as the screen just plain stops responding in the middle of typing. Also there is no calibration program, but did download HTC Calibrate, installed, and calibrated before replying. So far it hasn't stopped responding. Fingers crossed!

froader

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Screen calibration isn't the answer.
I can successfully make this problem happen.

When the phone is in landscape and typing or scrolling if I place my hand just right on the kickstand I can make the screen stop responfing. Remove hand from kickstand and its back to responding.
This certainly seems to be the cause. I would like to hear what others are saying.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
The Thunderbolt isn't alone with this problem, when I had my DX I had the same problem where the screen would stop responding...then all of a sudden all of the keys I pressed while typing would appear in the text box as if there was a ghost writer.

Other times the screen would just not respond to anything at all and I would have to do a battery pull ti fix it.

froader

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
The Thunderbolt isn't alone with this problem, when I had my DX I had the same problem where the screen would stop responding...then all of a sudden all of the keys I pressed while typing would appear in the text box as if there was a ghost writer.

Other times the screen would just not respond to anything at all and I would have to do a battery pull ti fix it.

No ghostwriting here, just straight not responding depending how you hold the phone - see my experience above.

froader

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Cut a piece of universal screen protector and covrr the kick stand with it. It scratches bad anyway itd good to have it on.

Not a bad idea. I might put some elec. tape over it just to see if it makes a difference with the screen. At least rule it out or not.

froader

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Final update: I am pretty sure.

Thanks for the poll results!
I think that I finally figured out what is causing this. When I hold the phone in landscape and type, my hand is accidently touching the touch sensitive buttons at the bottom of the phone, causing the touchscreen to stop responging.
So, it's not a defect other than maybe a design issue with the buttons or my hands.

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I dont think that's the issue as the screen just plain stops responding in the middle of typing. Also there is no calibration program, but did download HTC Calibrate, installed, and calibrated before replying. So far it hasn't stopped responding. Fingers crossed!
what does calibrating the screen mean? sorry still new to droid but learning fast:)

froader

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
what does calibrating the screen mean? sorry still new to droid but learning fast:)

It means just that - so that when you touch the screen it selects the exact spot accurately.
It's not necessary to calibrate, as it's not the problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781