Coverage Switching Fail?

melch8805

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I just got my TB today.... While I was waiting for the normal stuff to be completed (credit card processing/contact download) I had asked the VZW rep what the official word was on why TB was delayed.

I was told it was most likely because there were issues when the phone switched from 3g to 4g and vice versa...

Shortly after playing around I drove out of the LTE and LTE extended areas (no worries, my wife was driving)(oh and BTW i am in Hawaii so the LTE area isn't very large - thankfully i live in it) I was having connection errors pop up when navigating the web/app store.

The only way I could find to restore my connection was to turn off my connection and turn it back on.

Anyone else experience this?

gvillager

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
The never provided an official word. I think it was a combination of the following:

iPhone - they wanted to wait so those that bought the iPhone at launch couldn't return their iPhone for the Bolt.

Inventory - They didn't have enough inventory and they wanted to avoid another fiasco like they had with the Incredible and X launches. So they bought themselves extra time to ramp up inventory so they could meet the initial demand.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke