Second thoughts?

xcalibur1011

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Just curious if anyone is having second thoughts about the Thunderbolt, do you feel you have jumped the gun and should have waited for the Bionic or another device for comparison?

bigsexyy81

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Yup. Had iPhone 4 before. If I were getting great battery life and video chat didn't seem so far in the distance, I wouldn't be having any remorse. I dig the Android platform and HTC Sense, but with the iPhone I could have WiFi and Bluetooth on all day, screen brightness relatively high, and use the phone as often as I wanted without hesitation and I would rarely have to worry about charging unless I was using GPS a bunch.

After my first full day with it, I'm disappointed that I will have to be wary of BT and WiFi and will need to keep the brightness down. Nuisance? Yes. Dealbreaker? I'll know within the next 14 days, but I won't throw the towel in just yet.

Joelist

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
No second thoughts at all.

The TB is a truly high powered smartphone with the best mobile OS out there (and with Sense the best implementation of that OS). Having to be a bit more power conscious is a very small tradeoff for the capabilities gained.

BTW, people here get overconcerned with battery life - one of the advantages to phones like this over the iPhone is the ability to carry a spare battery and swap it in. And true video chat (not the iVersion that only works over WiFi) will be here shortly - and even better over Skype which is by far the dominant video chat platform.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
No second thoughts at all.

The TB is a truly high powered smartphone with the best mobile OS out there (and with Sense the best implementation of that OS). Having to be a bit more power conscious is a very small tradeoff for the capabilities gained.

BTW, people here get overconcerned with battery life - one of the advantages to phones like this over the iPhone is the ability to carry a spare battery and swap it in. And true video chat (not the iVersion that only works over WiFi) will be here shortly - and even better over Skype which is by far the dominant video chat platform.

You can Skype over 3G on the iPhone.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
NO! No second thoughts. The best phone I have ever had in my hands. Period. It has exceeded my expectations!!! I'm gonna keep it for full two years or longer, unless they come up with a phone that analyzes and solves all my personal problems.

Reactions: Chrisy

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
you can do anything over 3G on any network if you really wanted too..

lots of iphone hacks, new to android, waiting to see what the hack community is like

jd10984

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I am but that is ONLY due to having alot of issues with the T-Bolt, gone through 5. 1 with light leakage, 1 with a dead pixel in the center and 3 with dust in the screen. Currently got one with dust in the screen. Just all of these issues that should not be issues bother me.

I had an iphone 4 for 2 weeks and never had a problem with ANY hardware issues, I liked the phone, nice and simple (albeit a little boring) but GREAT battery life, would go 2 days easy without charging and I used it on a reg basis. However the screen IMO is too small. I LOVE the thunderbolt, more than I liked the iphone. However, if I cant get a T-Bolt without dust in the screen, screen leakage or dead pixels I cant imagine being able to stay with it and odds are I will just switch back to the iphone since it has no major hardware issues (light leakage, dead pixels or dust in the screen) Ah well we shall see how it all works out.

Hopefully I have my phone situation settled by tuesday (hopefully it's the t-bolt) but if not I'll settle for the iphone I guess and be fine with it.. One last note HTC PLEASE start making your phones without light leakage, dead pixels and most of all DUST UNDER THE SCREEN! Rant over haha

Last edited:

anon(79257)

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Just curious if anyone is having second thoughts about the Thunderbolt, do you feel you have jumped the gun and should have waited for the Bionic or another device for comparison?

Why would I wait for a bootlocked blurred piece of crap?

Seriously. They know radios. But, don't know jack about software.

Yeah, I'll be buying a Motorola again when.... umm never.

No more CLOSED software practices, for me.

zenit#AC

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
the phone is decent, and with 1 year contract I have my upgrade ready for jan 2012. By then there should be some multi-core non-motorola phone available. And the fact that it cost me $229 on 1 year contract makes it even better.

By the way, I had a verizon iphone4...and the battery life on that thing was bad. It lasts forever in areas with good signal, but in my work building with 1-2 bars I had to charge it mid through the day. I am getting better signal levels with thunderbolt in the same building, so thats already better. At least thunderbolt can hold 3G connection there, while iphone was on 1x alot of the time.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
the phone is decent, and with 1 year contract I have my upgrade ready for jan 2012. By then there should be some multi-core non-motorola phone available. And the fact that it cost me $229 on 1 year contract makes it even better.

By the way, I had a verizon iphone4...and the battery life on that thing was bad. It lasts forever in areas with good signal, but in my work building with 1-2 bars I had to charge it mid through the day. I am getting better signal levels with thunderbolt in the same building, so thats already better. At least thunderbolt can hold 3G connection there, while iphone was on 1x alot of the time.

I too am moving from the Fascinate to the TB. It arrives on Monday and I have stressed more about this than I should have so far. I have been holding out for the Bionic since August with my upgrade and broke down and ordered the TB Friday.

Reasons:

1. Price 229 for 1 year contract
2. Kickstand
3. Unlimited hot spot trial
4. 4g price of 29 dollars

I just still do not know if I am doing the right thing. I am thinking use the TB and sell it when the Bionic comes out. Buy the Bionic. Ughhhhhhhhhh

dt

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
no second thoughts here, for some reason, im eligible for upgrade on 12/17/11... even with its terrible battery life, i can manage 9 months ^^... and it has a lot of other perks... battery management is simply part of the process, so not a big deal, plus, i find i am normally within some sort of outlet or charging source, so not a problem for me

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
NO! No second thoughts. The best phone I have ever had in my hands. Period. It has exceeded my expectations!!! I'm gonna keep it for full two years or longer, unless they come up with a phone that analyzes and solves all my personal problems.

This x 2!

jbomb11

Banned
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I find it hard to believe that people get the our four phones, with dust in the screen. How does this happen?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

MsGadget13

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Is it worth it for the $599 price? I'm thinking of buying it to get grandfathered into the unlimited 4G in case they tier it at some point. Plus I really love the latest & greatest phones. :)

I don't want to "trade-up" my Fascinate, I still really like it and want it as a back-up for the rest of my family so I can drop their insurance.

MsGadget

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance