do I still need paid Visual Voicemail?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I've been paying the $2.99 monthly fee for VVM which has always kind of bugged me but I want the Caller ID. I tried.to.install the VVM app and my phone showed me a message about it already having a voice mail option and so I should not install another. Will this phone provide caller ID service if I cancel my VVM or is that what its running on?

xrussx

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I've been paying the $2.99 monthly fee for VVM which has always kind of bugged me but I want the Caller ID. I tried.to.install the VVM app and my phone showed me a message about it already having a voice mail option and so I should not install another. Will this phone provide caller ID service if I cancel my VVM or is that what its running on?

I just use Google voice for my voice mail.

Sent from my Thunderbolt.

samsuck

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
google voice is the best. It will even tell you how to activate it on VZW like Panda showed.

voice.google.com

or google.com/voice
sign in, go to your settings.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I use you mail for voice mail, and google voice for phone calls. You mail rocks. If google voice will reliably tell me when I miss a call then I'll ditch you mail.

Jaymil

Neutronbomb
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I only use google voice for voicemail, I have no issue's with minutes so no need to use it for phone calls.

Setup google voice for your voice mails and if you want to know when you have a missed call download an app called "missed call". It let's you set an audible and LED alert with reminders when you miss a call.

Jaymil

Neutronbomb
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
But I don't use Google Voice, it would seem this voicemail would require having Google Voice?

google voice is free though. You can create an account and only use it for voicemail. I've never once made a call or text through Gvoice, I solely use it for the voicemail features.

Reactions: ShaggyKids

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith