Contacts

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi all...
I know on my BB I just pressed a letter and it started bringing up names.

I already setup some shortcuts on it's own screen for the people I call/text the most.

However...for other contacts, it's not real convenient to go to contacts, click on the search screen, type the first few letters, etc.

Any my voice commands work like crap, I can't get it to text someone if my life depended on it. So no voice commands.

A buddy that has a D1 has an app where he draws a letter and it starts going to that contact, letter by letter.

Anyone know what app that is...or is there a better way to find a contact?

TIA

leehblanc

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Hi all...
I know on my BB I just pressed a letter and it started bringing up names.

I already setup some shortcuts on it's own screen for the people I call/text the most.

However...for other contacts, it's not real convenient to go to contacts, click on the search screen, type the first few letters, etc.

Any my voice commands work like crap, I can't get it to text someone if my life depended on it. So no voice commands.

A buddy that has a D1 has an app where he draws a letter and it starts going to that contact, letter by letter.

Anyone know what app that is...or is there a better way to find a contact?

TIA

You can go into the dialer, and use the letters on the numerical keypad to start to spell someone's name. "Matt" for instance, would show up after typing 6(MNO) 2(ABC) 8(TUV) 8(TUV)

Rem

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
The app your buddy mentioned is Google's Gesture Search - you can find it in the market. But similar to Blackberry, when you tap Phone and open the dialer you can start typing a name using the corresponding letters on the number pad and it will narrow down matching contacts as you type.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
You can go into the dialer, and use the letters on the numerical keypad to start to spell someone's name. "Matt" for instance, would show up after typing 6(MNO) 2(ABC) 8(TUV) 8(TUV)

Very nice....duh...I guess I should've tried that.

Thank you lee and thank you rem as well.
I'm fine with the keypad, I just didn't want to go 2-3 steps further.

Years of BB use...I'm still learning android and what it can do...

leehblanc

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Very nice....duh...I guess I should've tried that.

Thank you lee and thank you rem as well.
I'm fine with the keypad, I just didn't want to go 2-3 steps further.

Years of BB use...I'm still learning android and what it can do...

You're welcome. And No "duh" necessary... last week I tried to reply to a text on a feature phone and sent an email... it's all about what you're used to :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol