No e-mail sound notification

ddsdavid

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I have read all the search answers to other android phones, I have set the sound notification up on my emails, rebooted, but when I get a new E-mail-no sound.

I need sound notification for e-mails. I trouble shoot for customers and they expect instant replies so I need this features to work. Any suggestions?

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Open mail > go to an individual account (if you have more than one, but not on the all mail screen) > menu > settings and you should see notifications. I have sound and vibrate on. Then in settings > sound > make sure the profile is normal not silent.. and you can see other settings here that should be on

czm2000

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
My problem is similar only I want to change my notification sound. How!?!?

I have my notifications all on, but its a horrible low sounding chime and I have one I specifically use for email. I have always been able to change my notification sound on all my Android phones including my HTC phones. But in the notifications settings it doesn't look to allow you to change it and I'm stuck.

Anyone know how to change the alert for the regular email? I'd be grateful.

Thanks!

SUB-dawg

Nexus Lover
Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
My problem is similar only I want to change my notification sound. How!?!?

I have my notifications all on, but its a horrible low sounding chime and I have one I specifically use for email. I have always been able to change my notification sound on all my Android phones including my HTC phones. But in the notifications settings it doesn't look to allow you to change it and I'm stuck.

Anyone know how to change the alert for the regular email? I'd be grateful.

Thanks!

go to personalize-->notification sound-->email-->change the sound

Reactions: milwaukee613

ddsdavid

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Open mail > go to an individual account (if you have more than one, but not on the all mail screen) > menu > settings and you should see notifications. I have sound and vibrate on. Then in settings > sound > make sure the profile is normal not silent.. and you can see other settings here that should be on

Thanks, I didn't have each account set individually for notification but did have it in the general profile. Now I need to figure out how to get the accounts set up as gmail push accounts so I will be alerted when the email hits rather than opening up the mail ap to "pull" the messages.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I didn't have each account set individually for notification but did have it in the general profile. Now I need to figure out how to get the accounts set up as gmail push accounts so I will be alerted when the email hits rather than opening up the mail ap to "pull" the messages.
The way I setup my Gmail account was by choosing "Exchange via Active Sync" (or similar). As soon as my Gmail account receives a message I have it about 10-20 seconds later :)

-Frank

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma