Facebook Notifications

jrmarinojr

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
My Facebook notifications are not popping up on the status bar at all? The only reason I know I got "wall posts" was because i went into the facebook app randomly. I'm coming from a BB and the FB notifications were instant? What am I missing here??!!

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Notifications sucks... I'm not sure if it's the "App", or the phones. I've notice that if you do get any notification(s) it's like 15 - 25 mins after the notification was posted. Until this problem is fix - your best bet is to check the PC site on or from your phone.

Here are a few things you could do.

(1) Make sure your mobile number is added to your account.
(2) If your number is already there... delete and re-add it(follow steps).
(3) Check off email and mobile checkboxes in notifications(settings - notifications).
(4) Use your Google account as your primary number.
(5) Hope and pray that either Google or HTC will fix this piece of (censored) due to forum R&R.

Best of luck.

mo-bile#AC

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
It's the app, it sucks. I'm coming from an iPhone 4 and the push notification works nearly instantly (though I hate how iOS handles notifications in general). BB is instant too. They need to give the Android app a major upgrade. And FB needs to allow for Google Voice numbers or GV needs to all for texting via shortcode.

Kmasum

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
It's the application, used to be horrible, but it's much better now, tho I don't depend on fb application notification, I get email notifications in my gmail, which is almost instantly

Sent from my Bolt using Tapatalk!

jrmarinojr

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the responses all. And here I thought Android was better than BB on all fronts. Guess the grass isn't ALWAYS greener on the other side.

sisaacs

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the responses all. And here I thought Android was better than BB on all fronts. Guess the grass isn't ALWAYS greener on the other side.

Just in this particular case. In all others I have found Android to be superior to any other OS I have used. And true facebook for android is improving, much better than it used to be. Hopefully the devs will get it together soon.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
i use tweetdeck for fb/twitter, notifications are instant. FB for android blows... never sends notices.

It does sends me notifications for messages (not for wall comments) but even that comes way too late. I also depend on email notifications.