Clearer Contact picture?

mlee21

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
When receiving an incoming call, is it normal to have a really pixelated picture??

Whether its from their Facebook profile picture or a picture I took myself and linked, they're all pretty blurry.

Kinda disappointed by this issue.

Minacious

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
When receiving an incoming call, is it normal to have a really pixelated picture??

Whether its from their Facebook profile picture or a picture I took myself and linked, they're all pretty blurry.

I don't use images for contacts, so I tested to see your issue.

It appears that if the image is stored on the phone (incl/Card), it will be as clear as the image itself. If not, it will end up pixelated when pulled from from the servers you are syncing with. You must also make sure that the contacts are not being synced, otherwise it will always pull the image from the server and not the phone. There may be a way to alter this, but I didn't delve into it.

Last edited:

angiebugg

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Same issue here. Not sure why the pics are blurry, could be resolution, but that would suck....I like to use the facebook profile pics as the contact photo. Any other ideas why?

OptimusNotPrime

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
The Facebook Picture issue? are you using Facebook for android or facebook for HTC. Because i notice when using facebook for android and syncing contacts the pictures are blurry. But the facebook for htc they are fine.

Reactions: angiebugg

flashpiti

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
It's the same reason this happens on the iPhone, if your contact gets synced to the cloud with Google, the pic gets down ressed and then enlarge at that lower resolution when shown on the phone.

SQurel23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue. Since I had both the Facebook app and Facebook for Sense syncing my contacts it seemed to pull from the app and result in blurry pics. I changed the settings so the app didn't sync my contacts but left sync on for Facebook for Sense. This seemed to do the trick.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't matter in the phone app. Photos will still be pixelated in my experience because the devices crop them and the digitally scale them up using a bad algorithm.

sent from the phone Phil hates via tapatalk

wanax

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Agree with Minacious. It has to do with syncing contacts with the server. Images stored on the servers are 96x96 resolution that is scaled up (very poorly) on the phone. The only work around I have found is to unsync the gmail contacts (I uses the Gmail app, no the HTC one). Now, if you replace any picture with a higher resolution one (256x256), that one will stay. If you resync again, then you will lose the hi-res pics. Google needs to update their servers and support higher-res profile pictures.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Even members profile pics are blurry when zooming in. This seem to be happening on most, or all devices.

theGman911

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Yup, thats why....

1. you assign a picture
2. it gets uploaded to google's server
3. its re-downloaded to your phone in a much lower resolution than original
4. you have a blurry contact picture :)

Why it just wouldnt use the "local" picture stored on the phone is beyone me. The only reason I can think of is because if you were to a:delete the picture, or B: change phones and not use the same SD card, your contact pictures would reappear on your new phone.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site

yea they are usually a bit blurry for some reason it was like that on my Evo too.

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
The Facebook Picture issue? are you using Facebook for android or facebook for HTC. Because i notice when using facebook for android and syncing contacts the pictures are blurry. But the facebook for htc they are fine.

+1 I had the same experience contacts synched through FB for android are blurry, contacts synced through FB for HTC are clear.

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue. Since I had both the Facebook app and Facebook for Sense syncing my contacts it seemed to pull from the app and result in blurry pics. I changed the settings so the app didn't sync my contacts but left sync on for Facebook for Sense. This seemed to do the trick.

Douglas, you're the man!

mr__dink.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad