I know how to change my ringtone to a song I downloaded from my email. But I don't see this option for text/mms messages or email. Am I missing something?

Is there a way to set up a personalized ring/noise for email and text message?

Also, when the phone goes dark, anyway to still feel it go off? When my phone goes dark, it doesn't vibrate or make noise?

And finally - is there a way to set a custom profile? I see normal, silent, vibrate, is there a way to set it so certain things vibrate and others ring?

1st night with droid help!!
    03-19-2011 07:56 PM
    Make sure the ringtone is stored in the notification folder of your SD card. For custom profiles you will need to download a 3rd party app from the market.
    You can use a file manager like Astro.. in the market or move/edit the files from your computer with the phone plugged in through USB.
    Set up folders on the sd card for:
    Ringtones
    Notifications
    Alarms
    Movies
    Videos
    Pictures
    Etc.....
    Green_Laser likes this.
    03-19-2011 08:48 PM

And finally - is there a way to set a custom profile? I see normal, silent, vibrate, is there a way to set it so certain things vibrate and others ring?
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.probeez.profiles&feature=order_history

That might help. I've been using it for over a year. I love it.
    03-19-2011 09:04 PM
    Thank you!

How do I make sure to save the song on the SD Card? Not sure how to do that.

I can't plug it into my computer because I have a MAC and it says it won't work when I plug it in
    03-20-2011 10:03 AM
    Thank you!

How do I make sure to save the song on the SD Card? Not sure how to do that.

I can't plug it into my computer because I have a MAC and it says it won't work when I plug it in
    This thread should help you with your Mac issues (I was having them, too).

That said, when I transfer songs from my Mac via Bluetooth they automatically save on the SD card. Astro File Manager is a good app for checking that kinda stuff.
    Cyber Warrior likes this.
    03-20-2011 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD