Google Talk video

mundyb

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know why Google Talk won't work with the front camera?
I was really hoping this would be an excellent FaceTime killer. But if it doesn't work...

anon(149276)

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it's ready for Froyo. Nor will it be as I understand it. Google Talk with Video Chat enabled wont be till the next android firmware comes out. I believe the Xoom has it in Honeycomb(is that right xoom owners?) So we are waiting on a bridge between Froyo and the "mobile equivalent" of honeycomb, may that be 2.3 or 2.4

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it's ready for Froyo. Nor will it be as I understand it. Google Talk with Video Chat enabled wont be till the next android firmware comes out. I believe the Xoom has it in Honeycomb(is that right xoom owners?) So we are waiting on a bridge between Froyo and the "mobile equivalent" of honeycomb, may that be 2.3 or 2.4

Yes, it actually work awesome on the Xoom. Clear and smooth video.

mundyb

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I have the Xoom and my wife has the Tab. It works great on the Xoom, and I was hoping it would eventually work on the Tab and handsets with front cameras. I don't need to look at myself, so I don't know why else these things need front facing cameras.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk