Battery Help

alfieferenzo84

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I been reading all the things to do but none work, I did the charge, unplug charge thing over 5x now, I have screen to almost off i think its 20 or 40 %, All apps killed. I get 2-3hrs on the phone

I did 2 test i played angry birds for 2hr 30min phone turned off, The 2nd test i got 2hrs and 15 min then phone turned off.

If i just surf the web i get about 3hrs.

I found a way to turn 4g off that didnt help

I dont know what else to do but i need a phone that last more then 2-3hrs of soild use.

Anyone?

graphickellie

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I am a pretty heavy user, and I've been home all day. Played on my phone most of the time. Here is what helped me- I changed the back light to go off after 15 seconds. Changed the brightness to about 25% all of the time. Turned off the Blockbuster auto-updates and turned Sync off. I'm getting pretty decent battery. Will prob have to keep a charger at work but I think I could get through *most* of my day the rate it's going at right now.

alfieferenzo84

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
You have to get the phone in test mode to turn it off.

As for updates everything is off. And i have been killing the apps with advance task killer as some of them keep coming back.

alfieferenzo84

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I am a pretty heavy user, and I've been home all day. Played on my phone most of the time. Here is what helped me- I changed the back light to go off after 15 seconds. Changed the brightness to about 25% all of the time. Turned off the Blockbuster auto-updates and turned Sync off. I'm getting pretty decent battery. Will prob have to keep a charger at work but I think I could get through *most* of my day the rate it's going at right now.

Screen is at lowest setting all updates off.

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

As for updates everything is off. And i have been killing the apps with advance task killer as some of them keep coming back.

You should not use any task killers in sense 2.2

All it does is restart whatever it stopped

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site

And this is what is killing your battery. The Task killer will keep killing off apps, apps will still restart and the whole cycle will keep repeating itself not allowing the phone to go into sleep mode when not being used. Remove the app killer and then see how your battery fairs.

mo-bile#AC

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I followed the advice in this thread and it helped tremendously. Where I was suffering with a drained battery after a couple of hours, today I left the house at 11am with full charge, used the phone extensively through the day, and by 7:30pm when I got home I had 18% left. I think the biggest impact was turning haptic feedback off completely, and changing the update time for facebook, twitter, other accounts, etc to every 4 hours. I'm always checking those occasionally throughout the day anyway so there's no need every 30 minutes for the phone to check. That's what's draining the battery. I also deleted Advanced Task Killer.

Now I'm much happier.

Reactions: lovy and nate44

alfieferenzo84

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I followed the advice in this thread and it helped tremendously. Where I was suffering with a drained battery after a couple of hours, today I left the house at 11am with full charge, used the phone extensively through the day, and by 7:30pm when I got home I had 18% left. I think the biggest impact was turning haptic feedback off completely, and changing the update time for facebook, twitter, other accounts, etc to every 4 hours. I'm always checking those occasionally throughout the day anyway so there's no need every 30 minutes for the phone to check. That's what's draining the battery. I also deleted Advanced Task Killer.

Now I'm much happier.

Ill go over it on the next test.

But i am using the phone for a soild 2-3hrs non stop so alot of this stuff dont apply. Im not trying to make the phone work 24hrs im trying to get around 5-8hrs of soild use like i did on my old phone

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

Now I'm much happier.

Nice find. I was over there for awhile, but it seemed there were more Thunderbolt users here. I would PM that to a mod or advisor to see if they can incorporate that into the battery sticky we have here.

alfieferenzo84

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Okay so i got it charged then bumped it 2x, I uninstalled all the extra crap. So my phone just has angry birds and speed test on it, I turned off all the service 4g evdo only, i turned off all the data on the phone. Screen is on the lowest setting and i played angry birds for 1 hr and i have 57% left in my battery so at this rate i will get the normal about 3hrs

Is this normal or should i return it and try another? Also my volume button sticks, and i have the light bleed thou by search key.

What do you all think? Or what else should i try?

alfieferenzo84

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
display 67% Its on lowest setting with animations off
angery birds 24%
andriod system 5%
cell standby 2%
skylife 2%

only 57% left after 1 hr

uptime and awake time is the same 59:26

Embalmer2009

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Turning off 4G, lowering the brightness, doing the blockbuster thing, removing some widgets and a couple of other things really helped me. I'm running my phone for nearly 13 hours since 2 PM to now which is 2:52 AM starting at 98%, alot of use, music for an hour, a couple of calls, alot of texts, pictures taken, downloaded some apps, searched the web. Right now as I type this it is as 47%. Trust me, I thought I'd have a big issue with battery, you just need to tweak things here and there.

alfieferenzo84

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Turning off 4G, lowering the brightness, doing the blockbuster thing, removing some widgets and a couple of other things really helped me. I'm running my phone for nearly 13 hours since 2 PM to now which is 2:52 AM starting at 98%, alot of use, music for an hour, a couple of calls, alot of texts, pictures taken, downloaded some apps, searched the web. Right now as I type this it is as 47%. Trust me, I thought I'd have a big issue with battery, you just need to tweak things here and there.

I turned everything off and just playing a game it kills it...

I know if i leave my screen off and it sleeping it will last longer but the point is they said battery would last 6hrs of use and im not going to sit on a phone call for 6 hrs so i was testing other ways and im only getting 3hrs max.

So that means out of a 16hr day i can only have my screen on for 3hrs...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith