Ok, so whats up with DLNA??

Effenhimer

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I thought this phone has it, but no ones said anything about it and I have no idea what it's all about other than a quick google search.

Any one got any info?...

jaguarpaw

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
i just did this..

first you want to be on your home wifi.

then ive sucesfully synct music and videos with my computer using windows media player. (windows 7).

one way to do it is by playing the video and then hitting menu and choosing what player you want to use.

the xbox 360 i wasnt able to get it to work. i dont think my tv is dlna ? i dont know if that matters. but i couldngt even find the device from my 360.. so im all ears

Effenhimer

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
So I need to use my PC to do this? Lame. I did find a thread about it, the last post was someone asking the same thing about a PC needed to be used as a server. I thought the TB would be seen as the server?...

anon(149276)

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Whaat? I've used it a fair amount since I got the phone. You can use the "Connected Media" app in the drawer. But make sure you have wifi on and your device that you want streamed to on. Then select which type of media you want to stream, find it and play it. Ive used it for pics and music. The stuff I converted to be played on the phone (DRM free fyi. It will require a license if you try otherwise...) will not play.

I am using a Samsung TV that is connected to a homemade wireless bridge using an old linksys router. If that is important information to anyone. I have not tried it with my PS3. And no, you do not need a pc if you have an existing wireless connection and both are up and running on the network

Reactions: Effenhimer

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
So I need to use my PC to do this? Lame. I did find a thread about it, the last post was someone asking the same thing about a PC needed to be used as a server. I thought the TB would be seen as the server?...

You can use the phone, if you have media already on it. There are a few apps on the market that will allow you to send media to the ps3. (There may be an app already installed). You need to be on wifi with the phone, ps3 can be connected wired or wirelessly. Your router must support DLNA or UPnP (universal plug and play). Once connected, fire up app and then on the ps3, search for media servers. It "should" come up. I personally haven't had an issue with this, but others have previously. If you want to send video, search the device from the ps3 in the video pane, audio in audio, pictures in pictures.

Reactions: Effenhimer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs