Over charging phone!!!!

PunKPwnZoR

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I just bought my tbolt 2day and so far im liking it,almost went with iphone 4 but said nahhh. But anyways i asked the customer sevice rep if it was a good idea to turn the phone on now because from what i have heard your supposed to charge the phone for the 1st 24 hrs and then let it full drain and then charge it back to full and it should be fine.

He told me only to charge the phone when its half ways gone and not to charge when the battery is 75% full,only after 50%. And after 2hrs of charging would be enough and not to charge over night.

Well is this true,im used to charging my phone over night before i go to work and thats it. And tips on what i should or could do.

Apps im running right now to help with memory and battery are advanced task killer and auto memory manager.

Iceycold

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
dont run task killer, all the bloatware it kills just comes up again and wastest more battery.

With 2.2 froyo, memory management is better and you don't need task killer, it's a battery drain.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
dont run task killer, all the bloatware it kills just comes up again and wastest more battery.

With 2.2 froyo, memory management is better and you don't need task killer, it's a battery drain.

The VZW clerk told me to get the Task Killer which I did but after reading several comments that it's a memory hog, I uninstalled it. So is Memory Management an app?

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
The VZW clerk told me to get the Task Killer which I did but after reading several comments that it's a memory hog, I uninstalled it. So is Memory Management an app?

The memory management is built into the android operating system. I wouldn't worry about overcharging your battery, just charge it when you need to and overnight. You'll be fine. If you battery does go bad for some reason, it is covered with your warranty for the first year. Just take it to verizon and they will give you a new one.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I see "Force Stop" in there. If I click that for all the apps I don't use, do they stay stopped or is this something I have to repeat a lot?

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I see "Force Stop" in there. If I click that for all the apps I don't use, do they stay stopped or is this something I have to repeat a lot?

I wouldn't even worry about doing that unless something is not working right or the phone starts to get sluggish. It's just good to know how to do it incase you need it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith