a HUGE thank you to all experienced helpful Android users

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I just want to say that I am sooooo grateful to ALL you experienced Android users who have been so patient and helpful to this newbie to the Android OS. I have not seen one single snide or unnecessary rude comment to any of the questions I've asked and I have no doubt that most of them are very basic Android use that I just haven't been able to figure out, am frustrated or fumbling with. I do try to figure things out before I ask, but being new it's a change and to have people just jump in and graciously help is wonderful.

Coming from a board where nasty comments seem to be the norm, being here is a very comfortable place to be. Nobody has made me feel stupid or unwelcome. The mods actually do their jobs and moderate and doooooo something about people who are out of line but there has been very few out of line people.

Amazing place this is and I'm very happy to have found it and to be a part of this community. You can all be very proud of yourselves :) and I'm happy to have "met" all of you :)

THANK YOU!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I just want to say that I am sooooo grateful to ALL you experienced Android users who have been so patient and helpful to this newbie to the Android OS. I have not seen one single snide or unnecessary rude comment to any of the questions I've asked and I have no doubt that most of them are very basic Android use that I just haven't been able to figure out, am frustrated or fumbling with. I do try to figure things out before I ask, but being new it's a change and to have people just jump in and graciously help is wonderful.

Coming from a board where nasty comments seem to be the norm, being here is a very comfortable place to be. Nobody has made me feel stupid or unwelcome. The mods actually do their jobs and moderate and doooooo something about people who are out of line but there has been very few out of line people.

Amazing place this is and I'm very happy to have found it and to be a part of this community. You can all be very proud of yourselves :) and I'm happy to have "met" all of you :)

THANK YOU!

Thank you very much we try very hard to keep this a friendly place that people can feel free to ask questions without being flamed. Our advisers , moderators and admin are very patient and helpful people who have been selected for those traits and they volunteer their time to help others.

Reactions: lovy and Chrisy

BayRican

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
i would also like to thank everyone in this forum.. ya'll are awesome all my questions are always answered even before i ask them.

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Ditto..
I work in IT...but any walk of life can use a little help.
I've enjoyed reading and learning over the past few months in anticipation of this device.
I know I made the right choice...

Reactions: Chrisy

leehblanc

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
As I said to someone last night, I was a "noob" once (and I still am as far as a lot of Android is concerned). There were great people here that helped me, so I'm just trying to pay it forward.

To reiterate what was said above... this is a great site. I'm not a mod or advisor or anything other than a user who really enjoys this great site. In a few weeks all of you that are new to Android and this phone will be able to easily answer others' questions. That's how a site gets (and stays) great!

Reactions: lovy

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
OMG I think all the experts know me lol I have had so many questions/ problems I think they run when I'M in a thread. But seriously I am so appreciative of all the people that have helped me experts and non experts, I have learned so much and still learning, never thought I would become addicted to this site because at first my interest was to basically to read and not speak but the people here are so friendly it's almost impossible to stay quiet and if any of you knew me personally you would say it's impossible for me anyway. I used to go to the other sites not by registering but just to seek info before making a switch to the TB, But this has been the best site (not being bias) just speaking the truth IMO. I am so addicted to this site that I log on before I go to bed from my phone. BTW (LOL) do android central have an app in the market?

NickF227

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
Actually, I think androidcentral does have an app! At least the have a widget that acts as sort of an RSS feed in the market. You can use Tapatalk for the forum postings though.

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I think androidcentral does have an app! At least the have a widget that acts as sort of an RSS feed in the market. You can use Tapatalk for the forum postings though.
Nick you set yourself up lol..I don't know what tapatalk is see people speaking about it but didn't want to be such a noob and ask lol.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

This is a must have if you visit the forums using your phone often.

Very glad to hear you all are enjoying the forums as much as I do.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
there is a pretty good community here, though I will say things were getting a little tense waiting for the phone to launch and a few people got a little pissy and short with people......glad things are back to nornmal

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Last year, I came to Android Central (Somehow I was introduced to the podcast before I even came to the website and registered) before I got myself the Fascinate. Coming from BlackBerry I had a lot of questions and the forum helped a LOT, and so did the blogs, reviews and tips & tricks on this site. I have ventured on other sites briefly but I have never seen a community like this. I didn't even miss Crackberry - which was not bad either.

Although I still consider myself a noob - I have way too much to learn still - but I am glad that I was also able to help one or two of fellow forum members with some of their questions with my limited six-month experience, and I'm also getting help from other members at the same time.

I'm so glad debsdroid came out to thank you all, something which I should have done long ago but didn't. But better late than never, right?

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU So much...to all fellow members here and also to the admins and moderators of the site.
I can never thank you enough.

bthomp21

Banned
Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Believe me, you aren't the only one learning around here. It's good you ask the questions because then someone having the same questions will see it too. Glad you are liking it here. I really like this place and I hope to be here for a while.

akira751

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Also coming from a Blackberry and I thought I knew that very well. With the help you guys and Androidcentral I'm learning so much every day.:D

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Believe me, you aren't the only one learning around here. It's good you ask the questions because then someone having the same questions will see it too. Glad you are liking it here. I really like this place and I hope to be here for a while.

So true. I haven't posted many questions here, because I usually find whatever answer I'm looking for has already been thoroughly examined. Everyone gives such extensive, noob-friendly advice that anyone can get an idea of what's going on pretty quickly.

And the attitude and general atmosphere here are amazing. I'm usually a lurker to these types of forums (I'm only registered for 3, including this, and they're all unrelated). From what I've seen, if this place was "heated" during the Thunderbolt debacle, it was only to the temperature other forums ride constantly. Thanks for such a friendly, informative, and fun place to learn.

Last edited: