I got my TB from Amazon Wireless 5pm Friday evening. I'm a new Verizon customer. After multiple phone calls with Amazon Wireless, my TB is still not activated, with no clue as to when it will finally be activated.

Amazon Wireless is saying that Verizon is having problems activating the TB since it uses a SIM card, and Verizon was not prepared in dealing with SIM cards. The CSR at Amazon said that we were not alone, and that many people are also having the same activation problems, not just Amazon customers.

So, is this true? Are others out there waiting days to have their phones activated?
    03-20-2011 09:31 AM
    I got my TB from Amazon Wireless 5pm Friday evening. I'm a new Verizon customer. After multiple phone calls with Amazon Wireless, my TB is still not activated, with no clue as to when it will finally be activated.

Amazon Wireless is saying that Verizon is having problems activating the TB since it uses a SIM card, and Verizon was not prepared in dealing with SIM cards. The CSR at Amazon said that we were not alone, and that many people are also having the same activation problems, not just Amazon customers.

So, is this true? Are others out there waiting days to have their phones activated?
    I would call VZW directly at (800) 922-0204
    cjpottercj likes this.
    03-20-2011 09:37 AM
    Got mine at a Verizon Corp. Store yesterday he had trouble, had to try 3 sim cards before he got it to activate.
    03-20-2011 09:39 AM
    I would call VZW directly at (800) 922-0204
    Thanks for the number. I called Verizon and they didn't even have my information in the system! The CSR rep at Verizon was helpful and said I could sign up for service, but I decided to check with Amazon Wireless first as they had previously said NOT to do this (as it might mess up the paperwork).

So I called Amazon Wireless again. At first, it was the same line that their technical staff was working on the problem, but that the information was sent to Verizon. So I told them I had just talked to Verizon, and they did not have my information as a new customer.

That indeed triggered some more useful information. The problem is that Amazon Wireless sends Verizon all new account information (name, plan types, data plans, etc) electronically, but that their system is not set up to correctly send this information to Verizon. For example, Amazon only has the ability to say that the TB is a 3G service, not 4G. This is what the technical staff at Amazon Wireless is working on...their electronic transfer system.

But, as the Amazon CSR rep finally admitted, their technical support staff does NOT work on weekends. So its unlikely anything is going to happen until Monday (at the earliest).
    03-20-2011 10:19 AM
    Turn it off, and turn it on and leave it in that activation mode. It seemed to take mine forever but it finally did.
    03-20-2011 10:21 AM
    Success! We called Amazon Wireless again, and this time reminded them that they had sent us an email when the TB had shipped saying that they would set up a conference call with Verizon to complete the activation process.

So this time the CSR rep called Verizon and personally relayed our information for us, and within minutes, the TB is activated!

So if you are experiencing problems with activation, ask the CSR rep to contact Verizon directly to register your information, and not just to find out what is wrong. You'll be up and running in no time.
    03-20-2011 10:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD