I got my OG Droid when it first came out and two years later and 4 Droids later it's finally time for an upgrade. My life is pretty much on that SD card, will i be able to use my SD card from my Droid. I only wanna get a few things off of it like pictures because the its only an 16GB and the Tbolt has a 32GB so i dont wanna keep it in their Or would it just be better if I transfer then through my computer?
    03-20-2011 01:34 PM
    Luckily, i have a micro sd reader in my computer, so i popped my memory card out of my OG Droid, put it in my tower, then just did a direct transfer to the TB sd card while plugged into usb. I transfered my titanium backup folder, pictures, ringtones, etc. The only thing left on my OG droid card was phone specific stuff, nandroid backups, apps2sd data, etc. so yes, simply copying and pasting your data will work fine. if you dont have a card reader, just plug your OG into usb, mount it, copy the folders you want from the card to your desktop, then cut/copy past them onto your TB card. The TB card is a class 4, while the standard OG card is a class 2, so not only does the TB card have more storage space, it has a faster data transfer rate. You're better off just transferring to the TB card.
    03-20-2011 01:39 PM
    You can use the SD card from your Droid if you want, but it's not as fast as the one in the Thunderbolt, so it'll slow the phone down when doing certain things. Also, obviously, there is less space for music/movies/etc.

I think you'd be better off transferring the files through your computer.
    03-20-2011 01:39 PM
    Plus, i didn't want to run into any issues with the HTC or sense UI using a different file structure on the SD and not being fully compatible with the way the OG card is formatted/organized. It's just a much faster, more stable solution to copy what you need to the new card. Better performance, more storage, and it's already formatted for that particular phone.
    03-20-2011 01:41 PM
    If you didn't want to use the computer as a go between, you could always use dropbox to move the files.
    03-20-2011 04:35 PM
    Or use bluetooth.
    03-20-2011 04:38 PM
    is there an app that can do this easily?
    03-20-2011 04:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD