Help: My Gmail Account Has Been Locked.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
My gmail account has been disabled and I can find no where to get it fixed. I called Verizon, who was very polite and tried stepping me through the gmail.com "can't access my account" - Which I had already done twice, that's how I knew my account was disabled. :mad:

The consensus is I locked my self out by inputting too many wrong passwords. :-[

Anybody got a phone number that I can call to talk to a real person to reset my gmail password?

I've never had so much trouble with a cell phone in the 20+ years that I've been using them.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if you read post #3 of the tracker thread, but based on what I posted, I've moved your question to a new thread.

Anyway, I would follow the steps on this page.

Thanks Cory, been there done that - still waiting for an email response. :(

I did finally read the tracker thread, good info, I will try to keep my posts in the proper threads.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Cory, been there done that - still waiting for an email response. :(

I did finally read the tracker thread, good info, I will try to keep my posts in the proper threads.

Just curious:
  • I'm assuming you can't login online either, right?
  • Is this a new Gmail account, that you setup just for the Thunderbolt, or is it one that you've been using? If it's new, maybe you could just setup a new account?
  • Also, there is another process you can follow to reset your password.
  • Once you get this all figured out, you can setup autorecovery via SMS
I'm sure you thought of all these things already, but they are the only options I can come up with.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Just curious:
  • I'm assuming you can't login online either, right?
  • Is this a new Gmail account, that you setup just for the Thunderbolt, or is it one that you've been using? If it's new, maybe you could just setup a new account?
  • Also, there is another process you can follow to reset your password.
  • Once you get this all figured out, you can setup autorecovery via SMS
I'm sure you thought of all these things already, but they are the only options I can come up with.

What I did:

I deleted the gmail account that was set up in the Verizon store when I bought and activated the phone.

I then set up a NEW gmail account on the phone and it is working again.... I also got my personal email set up, however, I still haven't been able to get my work email set up on this phone.

I don't have time to go to Verizon today - perhaps tomorrow. I still have 6 days left on my return time.

Thanks for your help Cory!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad