Car mode problems.

anon(141115)

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
When I put my TB into my car dock the car mode activates fine. Navigation works flawless. However, when I make a phone call from the favorites screen (and maybe the dialer, I didnt try it) and then hang up, the screen stays on the favorites screen. If I try to back out it goes to my launcher screen. Sometimes Its horizontal, sometimes vertical, but regardless, I cant get it to go back to car mode without removing the phone from the dock and reinserting it.

Im sure this is something simple due to my noobness I am missing. Hopefully someone can help me.
TIA

anon(141115)

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Wait, yours activates when you put it in the dock?? Are you talking about the official Verizon car dock for $29.99? I have that one and it does not automatically activate for me...
Thats strange. Yes I have the verizon one HTC6400MNT

Here are a few pics of whats happening after a phone call

zshazz

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
You must press it firmly into the car mount for it to activate. The car charger is not necessary for the functionality

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I have the car moumt and it automatically enters car mode, and it goes to the car app when I hit the home button.

You've got to push it all the way down, until it clicks.

Reactions: acedzero

Electric Mayhem

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I had no idea about the car mode until last night, after alot of research around various forums a friend found that you really have to give the bolt a good push into the dock and it will click, enough so that you may think you broke the micro usb port. After it clicks in the Bolt will automatically enter the Car mode which you can see above in the photos but I found that if you exit out of this there isn't any way to get back to it, at least that I've found yet but you do get a landscape mode homescreen :) Now if they could only let you do that when you set the phone down with the kickstand, root anyone? Also just a heads up, the Verizon generic micro USB chargers will NOT keep up with the power demands of the Bolt when your using it as a GPS. The VZ chargers just aren't pushing the 1 amp required to charge the phone, probably closer to 1/4 or 1/2 of what's required. I fixed this by going out and buying an HTC brand charger from an Abt Electronics store down in the northwest Chicago burbs, the charger P/N is 99H10129-00.

-Mayhem

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
You can also access the car mode without the dock. Using a different launcher will add it to your app drawer or you could also use an app launcher shortcut widget and add it the list of app shortcuts.