best videochat app?

igl007

May 5, 2010
Visit site
As far as I know... and only my opinions.

1. Tango - Front camera works but audio isn't the greatest. Overall it's about the best there is so far with the Tbolt for 2 way video chats.

2. ooVoo - Framerate was not as smooth as Tango. Had front compatibility problems with other phones. Tbolt was ok...

3. Fring - Front facing camera doesn't work on Tbolt. Stopped there.

4. Qik - Terrible Framerate compared to Tango. However the ability to easily transmit live to a website is nice. No option on Tbolt for direct phone to phone video chat.

5. Justin.Tv - Similar to Qik, except better quality and framerates.

6. Skype - *sniff**sniff* :( someday?

Tango's the way to go. Hopefully I have missed the BEST ONE EVER! and someone will tell us what to use.

funguy123us

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Yahoo Video Chat: FFC doesn't work but it does work with back camera. If more of us complain, they will fix it. Since it's already working with evo.
You can also do PC to Phone with this one.

phoenixone

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't get it. I tried Tango and Yahoo messenger and they're both horrible! Frozen screen, high pitch feedback sounds and of course, Qik, there is no live phone to phone feature. I'm in 4g area, but constantly switch from 4g to 3g and sometimes even 1x. But when I'm on 4g for like 5 mins, they still don't work. What the heck am I doing wrong? I'm dying to use the vid call feature.

RichardClark

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I used Tango this evening to video chat to an original Droid on Verizon and an iPhone 3GS on AT&T and both worked well. Wish there was an LED light on the front and an option to turn on the front and/or rear LED lights as desired during the call.

I was able to switch easily between front and rear cameras and made my friends with just rear cameras jealous. :)

augusto

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know... and only my opinions.

2. ooVoo - Framerate was not as smooth as Tango. Had front compatibility problems with other phones. Tbolt was ok...

Wait you got it working with the front facing camera? Because I saw an option to switch to it but it didn't seem to work. And somehow the option later disappeared (didn't try on reboot).

Tango's the way to go. Hopefully I have missed the BEST ONE EVER! and someone will tell us what to use.

Problem I have with Tango is that they don't have an app for the PC, and what I want is PC-to-phone chat :-(

augusto

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Yahoo Video Chat: FFC doesn't work but it does work with back camera. If more of us complain, they will fix it. Since it's already working with evo.
You can also do PC to Phone with this one.

The only reason I'm using Yahoo Messenger is because it works PC-to-phone AND the FFC on the TB works!

On the PC the video is tiny though, really weird, not sure why they don't stretch it out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci